GOING PRICE TO ROLL HAY??

Help Support CattleToday:

If its friend for friend then 10 a roll is something to start at but the guy doing the baling is not making $5 an hour for his time.

here to cut is $6 a bale to rake is $6 a bale.so that leaves $13 a bale just to bale the hay.

I don't know what it is to just roll, but around here in northeast Texas balers are getting $25 per bale to cut, rake and bale. Some custom balers in the Athens area have gone to charging $50 to $60 per acre to cut, rake and bale.

around here all bale sizes are $25 to cut rake an bale.the little guys round here would scream if you charged them $75 an ac to bale their hay.

J&D Cattle":2tx72cxt said:
$16-$18 netwrapped 4X5. Cut, tedded, raked, and baled.

Yep, same down here in our neck of the woods. Our guy charges $17/bale, but they are 4.5 x 5. Weighed on average 1000 pounds. That is net wrapped.

dieselbeef":a41enpyy said:
round here cut and bale is for half the rolls
Thats what we do here, plus split the cost of wrap and any helpers. Cut, rake, bail and wrap. I only have 15 acres of hay fields so its worth it for me. Our first cut we harvested 70 round bales, second cut is mowed and raked. Looks like another 50. Split 120 bales we both make out.

Latest posts