God Bless America! SAV America 8018 to be exact.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno said:
Till-Hill said:
************* said:
So you are telling us all on CT that Voss Angus who was bidding against Herbster was a "seller"? I'm also sure you guys would say Voss didn't have the vast knowledge about cattle that others do here, and both they and Herbster were taken to the cleaners by Kelly? I'm waiting for the rumor to get started that America is not really Angus, but a zebu/holstein cross that is actually an old steer that was painted black right before entering the ring, right?

This is not even funny, it's just plain stupid.
Branded impressive feat I'll give you that. SAV and Herbsters will always have more better cattle than I will. You say Voss was runner up bidder. Check out their sale coming up. Every animal has a Sav prefix top or bottom. I dont care how the bull got sold or who got the money. It ain't me. I love Bismarck bull. Still using him today. I got more pride raising cattle then all these little cooperators herds for the big boys do. I got 5-6 generations of me doing the work of some ai'ing these cattle, culling $3000 heifers because they couldn't raise a calf. There's nothing wrong with bringing in some new stuff. But when I look thru catalog with 90% boughten genetics why would I even begin to look at it? I got a cow family I bought I averaged $3050/calf on. I was plumb tickled. I cut her head off this year for calving late and a bad udder. Pride and honesty is how I'm doing the seedstock end to our operation not trading cattle.

Till you sound like the kind of breeder I would buy from. Most of the other's I would avoid. They are selling paper not pasture performance. Got to remember figures don't lie but liars figure.
I ran a registered herd for decades.
Caustic Burno said:
Till-Hill said:
************* said:
So you are telling us all on CT that Voss Angus who was bidding against Herbster was a "seller"? I'm also sure you guys would say Voss didn't have the vast knowledge about cattle that others do here, and both they and Herbster were taken to the cleaners by Kelly? I'm waiting for the rumor to get started that America is not really Angus, but a zebu/holstein cross that is actually an old steer that was painted black right before entering the ring, right?

Branded impressive feat I'll give you that. SAV and Herbsters will always have more better cattle than I will. You say Voss was runner up bidder. Check out their sale coming up. Every animal has a Sav prefix top or bottom. I dont care how the bull got sold or who got the money. It ain't me. I love Bismarck bull. Still using him today. I got more pride raising cattle then all these little cooperators herds for the big boys do. I got 5-6 generations of me doing the work of some ai'ing these cattle, culling $3000 heifers because they couldn't raise a calf. There's nothing wrong with bringing in some new stuff. But when I look thru catalog with 90% boughten genetics why would I even begin to look at it? I got a cow family I bought I averaged $3050/calf on. I was plumb tickled. I cut her head off this year for calving late and a bad udder. Pride and honesty is how I'm doing the seedstock end to our operation not trading cattle.

Till you sound like the kind of breeder I would buy from. Most of the other's I would avoid. They are selling paper not pasture performance. Got to remember figures don't lie but liars figure.
I ran a registered herd for decades.
Thanks CB I appreciate that. The truth and doing the right thing when money is on the line is a hard thing to do. My reputation means more than anything to my family and my little operation. I stand behind everything that leaves here 100%.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Till-Hill said:
************* said:

We ran a Bismarck son for 5 years. He was a very nice bull.
got 3 here today, 2 from the Embleynett cow family from Sav to actually. Pair of full sisters to breed this year.

Bar23 said:
Just purchased 2 heifers last week. Resource and Renown daughters. Geonomic tested. Looks like SAV bulls pass on great epds! https://postimg.cc/PPVCsvZM https://postimg.cc/R61WjPQ3

I've got no dogs in this race. I use a few SAV bulls but certainly not blinded by that prefix.
Just gotta know why you think these heifers are so hot???? If you average them out I'd say mediocre. Combined 21 traits in the top 40% 28 traits in the bottom 60%. 1 has a little better than the other, there not bad, but I wouldn't say great, that's just me.

ww and yw. Isn't that the trait most people look at first? Someone commented said SAV offspring looses its power and don't pass it down to offspring and that they are not genetically tested . The 2 heifers I bought epds are almost same numbered as Resource and Renown. And their dams epds sucked

If seedstock producers are selling bulls to commercial cattleman , that sell beef by the pound what other traits are important? Quality Grade means nothing at the sale barn. We all know most low birthweight calves don't catch up by weaning. I love me a 1,800 -2,000 pound cow.

sim.-ang.king said:
Hmm..sounds just like someone else on this forum...

One either garners support or creates it.

Another bull of the month is sold, two years tops and he will be buried in dust when the new ones come along. Glad for Schaffs there are Brookhills in the world.

sim.-ang.king said:

:shock: surely you're not insinuating that an honorable CT member would create a burner account just to support his/her own opinions/agenda?!? Why that sounds ludicrous! Who'd do that?!?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/9/18/16328032/kevin-durant-alleged-burner-fake-account-twitter-instagram-quiresultan
Next you'll tell me that Branded is secretly really an NBA superstar. :lol:

gcreekrch said:
sim.-ang.king said:

One either garners support or creates it.

Another bull of the month is sold, two years tops and he will be buried in dust when the new ones come along. Glad for Schaffs there are Brookhills in the world.
Ok now I hope that this theory is legit... https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=118272
The thought that Branded and Bar23 are the same person.. and he carries on a conversation with himself in the above linked thread is too hilarious for me not to want to believe! :clap:

I just think Branded is smarter than you. Let me know your low birthweights turn into corrinetes.

Bar23 said:
I just think Branded is smarter than you. Let me know your low birthweights turn into corrinetes.

Smarter than me?!? If that's true then he can take a number and stand in line.. :welcome: It's a long, long line.

Bar23 said:

.. And I'll thank you to leave my poor corrientes out of this, sir!

MARKETING, MARKETING, MARKETING!

Look at my signature line. Diogenes is still searching for an Honest Man.

The same marketing strategies apply whether it is Paintings, Art, Antiques, Old Guns or Knife Collections.

Three Questions:

1. Was a law broken?
2. If so, could the regulatory authority ever prove it?
3. Even if they could prove it, is it worth pursuing?

Having spent 33 years in enforcement, I can tell you many broken laws go unpunished because the "juice ain't worth the squeeze".

Yes, there is promotion, commotion and broken laws, but this is the America we have built.

Looking for an honest man!

I think that America is an exciting prospect. When you buy a bull like this you are buying a good prospective bull plus you are buying the publicity that has been created around that bull. The higher the price the greater the publicity. My guess would be $500,000 the bull, $1,000,000 the publicity.

I will be following him closely, not likely to see semen here from him, maybe a flush brother or a son down the track.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
I think that America is an exciting prospect. When you buy a bull like this you are buying a good prospective bull plus you are buying the publicity that has been created around that bull. The higher the price the greater the publicity. My guess would be $500,000 the bull, $1,000,000 the publicity.

I will be following him closely, not likely to see semen here from him, maybe a flush brother or a son down the track.

Ken

I agree with you. My point is that there are marketing strategies to support every business. If this bull sold for $80,000, you would never justify $80 a straw. You have to hype the sale price to get that straw price up there.

Most stud bulls go for $25 to $30 a straw. I don't know what Select Sires pays for a bull but not $1.5 million.

Bar23 said:
If seedstock producers are selling bulls to commercial cattleman , that sell beef by the pound what other traits are important? Quality Grade means nothing at the sale barn. We all know most low birthweight calves don't catch up by weaning. I love me a 1,800 -2,000 pound cow.

WW and YW matter to the commercial guy, but so does CED and BW. If those heifers were bulls and in a bull test here, you'd lose your butt.
Females should be just that, females
If you believe that in the near future carcass isn't gonna matter, your kidding yourself!!!!
Those heifers may turn out to be better than the dame of America or President, but you better have the money to push them.

Ron you are right Kelly has the marketing down, and it helps everyone in the business, they have that glimmer of hope that they can raise the next big thing, same as playing Powerball, there's a chance and if you dont play your not gonna win.

Marketing is really easy when you have an exceptional product. The boss and I try to get out and see operations, especially if we are using genetics from that operation. Over the years we have toured some good ones, but in all honesty the SAV program has been the most impressive. The depth of the program, quality and consistency is something as a breeder we should all strive for. When I go through our herd I see areas where we need improvement, when going through the SAV herd you just don't readily see anything that needs improvement at least not with phenotype. You numbers guys can debate the numbers all you want, I agree numbers in this day and time do count, but for me phenotype and maternal ability will trump numbers every time. Anyone heard how the clone to 4136 and heifers sold?

Gizmom

It amazes me how many people bash SAV catttle. I do not think they have a monopoly on good cattle but their program is one of the elite programs. I have been breeding angus cattle for 25 years and have used the top sires from many herds. I resisted using SAV sires for several years because I was suspicious of those extreme weaning weights and like some here have mentioned why aren't other herds seeing those same results when using their genetics. A few years ago I decided to start sampling some of their bulls and I am now drinking the cool aid like many others. No I am not weaning 900 pound calves but my SAV sired calves are the most consistent in the pasture. They might not be the heaviest calf weaned but the will be among the heaviest. Their daughters are consistently making good cows and I have come to the conclusion that the reason most people gravitate to their breeding is for the very reason a previous post complained about them. They are very consistently good cattle. They are not extreme but they perform. They might not sire your heaviest few calves but they are your heaviest sire group. Their daughters might not be you best cow but they're near the top of the herd.

:lol:
Bar23 said:
frieghttrain said:
Caustic Burno said:
What is stupid is the price some people will pay for hamburger.
At the end of the day there are thousands of Angus bulls just as good.

Exactly, now I'm not knocking this bull he's a fine bull but odds are one of his 7-10 thousand dollars compatriots is just as good a breeding bull as he is maybe better.

So I guess you won't be using him on your Corrientes?

Lol somebody's got their panties in a wad! You are a joke sir your logic sucks and so does your humor. You've automatically assumed everyone who isn't onto the million dollar bandwagon and the 80 dollars a pop for an unproven bull is haters of SAV, breeds corrientes and has a bunch of lbw non preforming cattle. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts