God Bless America! SAV America 8018 to be exact.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the main reason I want to use this bull.

"America results from the last embryo produced from the maternal matriarch, SAV Madame Pride 0075, who served the SAV program for nearly 18-years as the former high income-producing cow with profound influence"

Grandaughters from SAV Madame Pride 0075 will be great performers

Impressive, I bet next years sale topper brings more.

Caustic Burno said:
ALACOWMAN said:
I just wish I could smell that money as its passing back and forth....

It's got a lot of :bs: with it's well.
Fools will line up to buy into the P.T. Barnum scheme.

Wouldn't you rather be rich than right? Or in the case of SAV, rich AND right!

Here is some interesting background on price fixing. Obviously, it happens but getting caught would not be fun.

....conspiring to increase prices or decrease prices at auction, beyond the genuine intent to purchase, is considered price fixing.

Per the United States Department of Justice, price fixing is an agreement among competitors to raise, fix, or otherwise maintain the price at which their goods or services are sold.

Further, the United States Department of Justice says:

Enacted in 1890, the Sherman Act is among our country's most important and enduring pieces of economic legislation. The Sherman Act prohibits any agreement among competitors to fix prices, rig bids, or engage in other anticompetitive activity. Criminal prosecution of Sherman Act violations is the responsibility of the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice.Violation of the Sherman Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $10 million for corporations, and a fine of up to $350,000 or 3 years imprisonment (or both) for individuals, if the offense was committed before June 22, 2004. If the offense was committed on or after June 22, 2004, the maximum Sherman Act fine is $100 million for corporations and $1 million for individuals, and the maximum Sherman Act jail sentence is 10 years. Under some circumstances, the maximum potential fine may be increased above the Sherman Act maximums to twice the gain or loss involved. In addition, collusion among competitors may constitute violations of the mail or wire fraud statute, the false statements statute, or other federal felony statutes, all of which the Antitrust Division prosecutes.In addition to receiving a criminal sentence, a corporation or individual convicted of a Sherman Act violation may be ordered to make restitution to the victims for all overcharges. Victims of bid-rigging and price-fixing conspiracies also may seek civil recovery of up to three times the amount of damages suffered.

gizmom said:
Folks Charles Herbster didn't get rich being stupid. Congratulations to Herbster and Schaff for another Angus record!

Gizmom

Amen to that! and may we let the daughter making begin!

Low HP, CEM and Marb and no genomic test. No thanks, not likely to sire the type of heifers that I'm trying to breed.

TexasBred said:
Till-Hill said:
Why did the runner up quit?! I mean why stop there!

That's all he wanted for him. :lol2: :lol2: 2nd high bidder was also seller. :cowboy:

So you are telling us all on CT that Voss Angus who was bidding against Herbster was a "seller"? I'm also sure you guys would say Voss didn't have the vast knowledge about cattle that others do here, and both they and Herbster were taken to the cleaners by Kelly? I'm waiting for the rumor to get started that America is not really Angus, but a zebu/holstein cross that is actually an old steer that was painted black right before entering the ring, right?

This is not even funny, it's just plain stupid.

What is stupid is the price some people will pay for hamburger.
At the end of the day there are thousands of Angus bulls just as good.

Caustic Burno said:
What is stupid is the price some people will pay for hamburger.
At the end of the day there are thousands of Angus bulls just as good.

Exactly, now I'm not knocking this bull he's a fine bull but odds are one of his 7-10 thousand dollars compatriots is just as good a breeding bull as he is maybe better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts