God Bless America! SAV America 8018 to be exact.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno said:
What is stupid is the price some people will pay for hamburger.
At the end of the day there are thousands of Angus bulls just as good.

But CB, they paid over a million dollars for him, doesn't that make him more valuable?

************* said:
TexasBred said:
Till-Hill said:
Why did the runner up quit?! I mean why stop there!

That's all he wanted for him. :lol2: :lol2: 2nd high bidder was also seller. :cowboy:

So you are telling us all on CT that Voss Angus who was bidding against Herbster was a "seller"? I'm also sure you guys would say Voss didn't have the vast knowledge about cattle that others do here, and both they and Herbster were taken to the cleaners by Kelly? I'm waiting for the rumor to get started that America is not really Angus, but a zebu/holstein cross that is actually an old steer that was painted black right before entering the ring, right?

This is not even funny, it's just plain stupid.
It helps them to sell overpriced cattle to stupid people like you. Of course he will gladly be the seller if need be. Gotta keep the bidding going. You mean you've never bid on your own animal??

frieghttrain said:
Caustic Burno said:
What is stupid is the price some people will pay for hamburger.
At the end of the day there are thousands of Angus bulls just as good.

Exactly, now I'm not knocking this bull he's a fine bull but odds are one of his 7-10 thousand dollars compatriots is just as good a breeding bull as he is maybe better.

So I guess you won't be using him on your Corrientes?

When I see a $1.5 million dollar homegrown special go through Bluegrass Stockyards, I will admit I was wrong about SAV, until then, I stand my ground.

Also, you are right in a way, if the objective is solely to get a calf, and genetics are a complete afterthought, then yes, any bull will do, no matter what breed or condition.

You need to quit rolling wacky weed in those Angus papers. Zig Zag might not make you hallucinate as bad. At the end of the day he is worth auction barn price like any other bovine. The catalog bulls are bait no matter the breed.

Caustic Burno said:
You need to quit rolling wacky weed in those Angus papers. Zig Zag might not make you hallucinate as bad. At the end of the day he is worth auction barn price like any other bovine. The catalog bulls are bait no matter the breed.

Okey dokey! I just learned something new tonight!

Caustic Burno said:

Hater. Only failures take thier cattle to the "discount barns". Try breeding donkeys! I think you would be good!!

Schaff can consistently pump out 205 day weights over 900lbs, but how often do their progeny do the same out on ranches in the real world? It Seems to me an overwhelming majority of SAV bulls end up only in the top 20-30% of the breed for growth once they're proven. Or lower. Of course that is respectable, but if these cattle really had that extreme performance, I would expect more of them to stay in at least the top 5% for growth. Now is it coincidence that all their bulls seem to be poor at passing on their extreme growth traits? Or is something else going on? I don't know. Perhaps a genomic test would help shed light on that.

Bar23 said:
Caustic Burno said:

Hater. Only failures take thier cattle to the sale barn. Sorry the math/epds isbto much for you. Try breeding donkeys!

No just don't play a fools game.
Where you have fooled yourself is thinking the seedstock breeder sets the industry standards.
It's the commercial cattlemen that sets the standard. If tomorrow the color changes your out of business.
Good Angus bulls are a dime a dozen.

I have Angus bull standing in my pasture.

Just purchased 2 heifers last week. Resource and Renown daughters. Geonomic tested. Looks like SAV bulls pass on great epds! https://postimg.cc/PPVCsvZM https://postimg.cc/R61WjPQ3

Caustic Burno said:
Bar23 said:
Caustic Burno said:

Hater. Only failures take thier cattle to the sale barn. Sorry the math/epds isbto much for you. Try breeding donkeys!

Where you have fooled yourself is thinking the seedstock breeder sets the industry standards.
It's the commercial cattlemen that sets the standard. If tomorrow the color changes your out of business.

Yeah, that'll happen.

Caustic Burno said:
Bar23 said:
Caustic Burno said:

It's not good we are breeding for, because you are right, "good" is a dime a dozen, truly exceptional bulls are a whole different story. If you are in the Angus business and all you shoot for is "good" then don't be surprised when your efforts are viewed as mediocre at best.

Good doesn't cut it these days.

Bovine breeder said:
Schaff can consistently pump out 205 day weights over 900lbs, but how often do their progeny do the same out on ranches in the real world? It Seems to me an overwhelming majority of SAV bulls end up only in the top 20-30% of the breed for growth once they're proven. Or lower. Of course that is respectable, but if these cattle really had that extreme performance, I would expect more of them to stay in at least the top 5% for growth. Now is it coincidence that all their bulls seem to be poor at passing on their extreme growth traits? Or is something else going on? I don't know. Perhaps a genomic test would help shed light on that.

I've got some International and President sons that might change the way you view things, All are Angus source tested, dna proven, and THICK! If you have the right cow to raise those genetics, they work!

Caustic Burno said:
Bar23 said:
Caustic Burno said:

Ok I will give you a dime for each one of your bulls! When can I pick them up?

************* said:
Bovine breeder said:

I've got some International and President sons that might change the way you view things, All are Angus source tested, dna proven, and THICK! If you have the right cow to raise those genetics, they work!

No doubt they are stout and powerful. I think phenotype plays a huge part in their appeal. And I don't think all of their bulls are duds, but for the last 10 years, their highly promoted bulls that so consistently go to stud have been weaning at 900 and 1000lbs plus. I would think that with the huge number of bulls they've had collected and sold semen on with that type of individual performance, more of them would have the data to show they pass it on the same way, once they're proven.

Bar23 said:
Caustic Burno said:
Bar23 said:

Ok I will give you a dime for each one of your bulls! When can I pick them up?

How funny your failing as a comedian as well.

************* said:
TexasBred said:
Till-Hill said:
Why did the runner up quit?! I mean why stop there!

That's all he wanted for him. :lol2: :lol2: 2nd high bidder was also seller. :cowboy:

So you are telling us all on CT that Voss Angus who was bidding against Herbster was a "seller"? I'm also sure you guys would say Voss didn't have the vast knowledge about cattle that others do here, and both they and Herbster were taken to the cleaners by Kelly? I'm waiting for the rumor to get started that America is not really Angus, but a zebu/holstein cross that is actually an old steer that was painted black right before entering the ring, right?

Branded impressive feat I'll give you that. SAV and Herbsters will always have more better cattle than I will. You say Voss was runner up bidder. Check out their sale coming up. Every animal has a Sav prefix top or bottom. I dont care how the bull got sold or who got the money. It ain't me. I love Bismarck bull. Still using him today. I got more pride raising cattle then all these little cooperators herds for the big boys do. I got 5-6 generations of me doing the work of some ai'ing these cattle, culling $3000 heifers because they couldn't raise a calf. There's nothing wrong with bringing in some new stuff. But when I look thru catalog with 90% boughten genetics why would I even begin to look at it? I got a cow family I bought I averaged $3050/calf on. I was plumb tickled. I cut her head off this year for calving late and a bad udder. Pride and honesty is how I'm doing the seedstock end to our operation not trading cattle.

Till-Hill said:
************* said:
TexasBred said:

Branded impressive feat I'll give you that. SAV and Herbsters will always have more better cattle than I will. You say Voss was runner up bidder. Check out their sale coming up. Every animal has a Sav prefix top or bottom. I dont care how the bull got sold or who got the money. It ain't me. I love Bismarck bull. Still using him today. I got more pride raising cattle then all these little cooperators herds for the big boys do. I got 5-6 generations of me doing the work of some ai'ing these cattle, culling $3000 heifers because they couldn't raise a calf. There's nothing wrong with bringing in some new stuff. But when I look thru catalog with 90% boughten genetics why would I even begin to look at it? I got a cow family I bought I averaged $3050/calf on. I was plumb tickled. I cut her head off this year for calving late and a bad udder. Pride and honesty is how I'm doing the seedstock end to our operation not trading cattle.

Till you sound like the kind of breeder I would buy from. Most of the other's I would avoid. They are selling paper not pasture performance. Got to remember figures don't lie but liars figure.
I ran a registered herd for decades.

Till-Hill said:
************* said:
TexasBred said:

We ran a Bismarck son for 5 years. He was a very nice bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts