Global warming revisited

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Changes on Neptune Link Sun and Global Warming
Skeptics of manmade global warming have found further
support in research linking solar output with the
planet Neptune's brightness and temperatures on Earth.

The findings appeared in a recent issue of Geophysical
Research Letters. The authors of the article, H.B.
Hammel and G.W. Lockwood from the Space Science
Institute in Colorado and the Lowell Observatory in
Arizona, note that measurements of visible light from
Neptune have been taken at the Observatory since 1950.

Those measurements indicate that Neptune has been
getting brighter since around 1980. And infrared
measurements of the planet since 1980 show that
Neptune has been warming steadily as well.

The researchers plotted on a graph the changes in
visible light from Neptune over the past half-century,
changes in temperatures on Earth during that period,
and changes in total solar irradiance.

The results: The correlation between solar irradiance
and Neptune's brightness was nearly perfect; so was
the correlation between changes on Earth and solar
output, according to a report on the research
appearing on World Climate Report, a climate change
blog.

"When the sun is more energetic and putting out more
energy, the Earth tends to warm up, and when the sun
cools down, so does the Earth," World Climate Report
notes. "The Hammel and Lockwood article reveals that
the same is true out at Neptune - when the sun's
energy increases, Neptune seems to warm up and get
brighter . . .

"How is it possible that the Earth's temperature is so
highly correlated with brightness variations from
Neptune? The news from Neptune comes to us just weeks
after an article was published showing that Mars has
warmed recently as well.

"If nothing else, we have certainly learned recently
that planets undergo changes in their mean
temperature, and while we can easily blame human
activity here on the Earth, blaming humans for the
recent warming on Mars and Neptune would be an
astronomical stretch, to say the least."

Dun - I almost burned up while bushhogging Saturday. I think Al Gore must be right...give the man credit, he did invent the Internet (and the wheel, I think). Plus, I understand that most people on Neptune drive SUV's. That should explain everything.

Funny, last 2 day's parts of Minnesota hit 90's some records broken. Lot of mention by the media about Global warming. and the weather problems associated with it.

Now with a strong cold front temps are well below normal and frost warnings the next couple nights, maybe some cold records set. I think it's Funny. :lol: :lol:

I think global warming needs to be reprioritized...bumping it down BELOW the war in Iraq.

Good grief...with everything else needing attention, I think this could maybe be revisited a little later on, especially since it seems that the administration and congress have a bit of trouble multi-tasking.

Alice

Farmer Z":1dzyjkeg said:
Dun - I almost burned up while bushhogging Saturday. I think Al Gore must be right...give the man credit, he did invent the Internet (and the wheel, I think). Plus, I understand that most people on Neptune drive SUV's. That should explain everything.

:lol2:

Farmer Z":ck097n6r said:

I saw a picture of the wheel he invented, it was square

dun

Dun, I read that issue of "Weekly World News" while standing in line at the Piggly Wiggly this past weekend. You left out the part about all the space aliens leaving Earth because of all the climatological abberations.

Dun, I had the pleasure of meeting a greenie yesterday in the field. Seeing the opportunity for some good sport, I asked his opinions on several other issues ranging from global warming to organic food. I learned a lot from this guy. First, we should abandon coal altogether and use only natural gas. I suggested that this would run fertilizer costs up but he explained that we don't need fertilizer. All we need to do is grow everything organically. Rather than getting a good laugh as I hoped, I walked away feeling sick inside knowing that he and many more people truly believe this mess.

President George W. Bush believes in Global Warming:

"The US president, George Bush, today acknowledged that human activity contributed to global warming as he prepared to debate climate change with other G8 leaders.
Mr Bush spoke to the media in Denmark during a stop-off on his way to the G8 summit at Gleneagles, in Perthshire, Scotland.

He said he recognised "that the surface of the Earth is warmer and that an increase in greenhouse gases is contributing to the problem". However, he said the Kyoto treaty was not the answer."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g8/story/0,13 ... 99,00.html

Frankie":ylaq485g said:

"The US president, George Bush, today acknowledged that human activity contributed to global warming as he prepared to debate climate change with other G8 leaders.
Mr Bush spoke to the media in Denmark during a stop-off on his way to the G8 summit at Gleneagles, in Perthshire, Scotland.

He said he recognised "that the surface of the Earth is warmer and that an increase in greenhouse gases is contributing to the problem". However, he said the Kyoto treaty was not the answer."

Who would have expected anything else.... :shock:

It's salvage mode time....

Alice

Alice":23wj873s said:
Frankie":23wj873s said:

Who would have expected anything else.... :shock:

It's salvage mode time....

Alice

I'll be watching out for him to acknowledge that square wheels are better than round ones. :lol:

Frankie":3hhcjwd6 said:

Never knew you respected his opinion so much. Now don't you wish he could run again? ;-)

Frankie":rhrcrjg6 said:

He is a politician. If he said he did not believe in it, he would be crucified in the media and the world. Would not go over very good around the world since so many countries are so passionate about it. Plus I doubt he spends much time researching for himself both sides of the issues. He probably believes the garbage that the scientist spew just like most people do.

Plus who cares if he believes in it or not. As long as he does not do stupid stuff like signing the Kyoto treaty.

aplusmnt":2lsanl2w said:
Frankie":2lsanl2w said:

He is a politician. If he said he did not believe in it, he would be crucified in the media and the world. Would not go over very good around the world since so many countries are so passionate about it. Plus I doubt he spends much time researching for himself both sides of the issues. He probably believes the garbage that the scientist spew just like most people do.

Plus who cares if he believes in it or not. As long as he does not do stupid stuff like signing the Kyoto treaty.

No. Up until last year he's been adamant that greenhouse gasses weren't causing global warming. In fact, government scientists have been forbidden to talk to the press about global warming, scientific reports were re-written by Bush appointees to change conclusions, etc. But either way, I just wanted those who are speaking against it to understand that EVEN George W. Bush recognizes the problem.

Frankie":14pgx5sm said:
aplusmnt":14pgx5sm said:
Frankie":14pgx5sm said:

No. Up until last year he's been adamant that greenhouse gasses weren't causing global warming. In fact, government scientists have been forbidden to talk to the press about global warming, scientific reports were re-written by Bush appointees to change conclusions, etc. But either way, I just wanted those who are speaking against it to understand that EVEN George W. Bush recognizes the problem.

You going to change your opinions on it now then?

"He" couldn't care less...one way or the other. "He" doesn't have the capacity to...

Alice