Global Starvation ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Arkansas":m4yzbw90 said:
Has anyone been watching the News about how Starvation has risen and were going from 1 in 7 people starving/malnourished to 1 in 5 people ? Says by 2020 prices in food will rise by 20% because of it and that by 2050 Only china, U.S, Europe will be the only countries trying to stay afloat and able to if they feed there own countries only.. That's crazy, knowing that people will starve in Africa and other countries because of global warming.. Or that's at least what scientist are saying the culprit is.. Says that the U.S. needs to reduce its population by 1/3rd and the rest of the world by 2/3rd in order to produce enough food for everyone in the world... That's not happening especially seeing how the world is expected to grow by another 890 million by 2020 in the U.S. alone.. This is a study found by NASA, apparently they knew about it for a while but really wasn't sure it was going to happen. But now they are saying for sure it will happen. Also said by 2020 the average temp will rise 2.2 degrees higher and causing even more drought and pretty much an end to crops in Africa.. Crazy!
Amazing... a recently completed scientific study (not funded by US Gov't or Al Gore) said the earth is actually cooling and has been for several years. Noone can still tell us what the baseline is for the "perfect temperature". Guess someone just pulled it out of their ass.

Yep, and to meet animal protein demand across the world, poultry production will need to increase 125%, sheep & goat 78%, beef 58%, and pork 37%.
About 1 out of every 7 people were undernourished in 2010 throughout the world. IN the good old USA 17.2 million US households were undernourished.
It will always be, feed me what I can afford.

I don't know much about global starvation but I could sure use a snack right now. I missed breakfast and it is still a couple hours until lunch time.

I hope Al Gore doesn't read this because he will come out of his house in Nashville that consumes 12 times the energy that the typical Nasville home uses, and charge someone for a speech about it.

Chuckie":3h3i3nyv said:
I hope Al Gore doesn't read this because he will come out of his house in Nashville that consumes 12 times the energy that the typical Nasville home uses, and charge someone for a speech about it.

Only after he finishes his current world tour in his carbon puking jet.

The wrong people are breeding! I suggest they get paid not to breed or a 'license to breed' be mandatory :p

Limomike":24xzwvky said:
Yep, and to meet animal protein demand across the world, poultry production will need to increase 125%, sheep & goat 78%, beef 58%, and pork 37%.
About 1 out of every 7 people were undernourished in 2010 throughout the world. IN the good old USA 17.2 million US households were undernourished.

that 1 out of the 7 must be the old folks in the nursing homes. Those with the food stamps are as slick and fat as Henrietta Hippo.

TexasBred":chmfm1mn said:
Limomike":chmfm1mn said:

that 1 out of the 7 must be the old folks in the nursing homes. Those with the food stamps are as slick and fat as Henrietta Hippo.

The only people I see that look like they are going hungry are the crack heads.

The people that worry about this kind of crap are the same people who will vote over and over again for the kinds of politicians who routinely cut water supplies to farmers in the most productive farmland in the world to save a non-native fish, refuse to address water storage issues within the state, and run an unwanted railroad right through the middle of it all cutting farms in half and try to halt all outdoor activity(ranching) above a certain elevation for a frog. :bang: A famine might be a good thing around here, it would get people thinking about what really matters.
I wholeheartedly agree that we need to cut the population by about a third, but I want to be on the panel that gets to decide who it's going to be and it has nothing to do with a looming famine. ;-)

Jogeephus":3girfh8v said:
Ryder":3girfh8v said:
chippie":3girfh8v said:
We will need to produce 70% more food by 2050 than we are producing now, and there will be 80% less usable land than we have now.
Jim Rogers, very successful investment guru, says demand for food will greatly increase. Next fortunes will be made in agriculture.
When Jim Rogers speaks, I listen.

I disagree with him on this. Sure there will be opportunities but the next fortunes will be made in politics. Be flat broke when you are elected and retire in just a few short years a millionaire with all sorts of perks you will never see in agriculture.

Hasn't that been happening for a while now. :x

If that shoe were thrown at Al Gore, it would have hit him directly between the eyes, the dumb SOB, and knocked him out cold. That would have been the only reason I would have wanted to see him in office. Just that one day, is all I am saying.

Latest posts