Global Starvation ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Arkansas

Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the News about how Starvation has risen and were going from 1 in 7 people starving/malnourished to 1 in 5 people ? Says by 2020 prices in food will rise by 20% because of it and that by 2050 Only china, U.S, Europe will be the only countries trying to stay afloat and able to if they feed there own countries only.. That's crazy, knowing that people will starve in Africa and other countries because of global warming.. Or that's at least what scientist are saying the culprit is.. Says that the U.S. needs to reduce its population by 1/3rd and the rest of the world by 2/3rd in order to produce enough food for everyone in the world... That's not happening especially seeing how the world is expected to grow by another 890 million by 2020 in the U.S. alone.. This is a study found by NASA, apparently they knew about it for a while but really wasn't sure it was going to happen. But now they are saying for sure it will happen. Also said by 2020 the average temp will rise 2.2 degrees higher and causing even more drought and pretty much an end to crops in Africa.. Crazy!

Crazy is right. I'm still waiting on the Ice Age they promised us several years ago cause its just been too hot.

As for Africa, tell them if they can't feed them don't breed them and their problems will be sorted in short order because Sally Struthers is getting up in age and can only do so much.

I really don't see how a tax will cure any of this especially when there is a big arse asteroid with our name on it that's going to smack us in less then two billion years +/- 20.

Arkansas":1y80mwvl said:
Has anyone been watching the News about how Starvation has risen and were going from 1 in 7 people starving/malnourished to 1 in 5 people ? Says by 2020 prices in food will rise by 20% because of it and that by 2050 Only china, U.S, Europe will be the only countries trying to stay afloat and able to if they feed there own countries only.. That's crazy, knowing that people will starve in Africa and other countries because of global warming.. Or that's at least what scientist are saying the culprit is.. Says that the U.S. needs to reduce its population by 1/3and the rest of the world by 2/3rd in order to produce enough food for everyone in the world... That's not happening especially seeing how the world is expected to grow by another 890 million by 2020 in the U.S. alone.. This is a study found by NASA, apparently they knew about it for a while but really wasn't sure it was going to happen. But now they are saying for sure it will happen. Also said by 2020 the average temp will rise 2.2 degrees higher and causing even more drought and pretty much an end to crops in Africa.. Crazy!

I think we could deal with that. Start with the moochers. 2 birds 1 stone.

Leslie Neilson said it best, start putting dolphins in canned cat food and feed the fish and chicken to starving people. Problem solved.

The global warmist folks, aka the "starve, in the dark" crowd , are certifiable loons, or they wouldn't listen to Al Bore. If you want to stop starvation in Africa, clear out the restrictions on modern Ag and let farmers reap what they sow. Most of African politics seem intent on taxing the successful farmer out of existence and confiscating his/her land. Famine there would be a memory if you could just let it be.
I'm convinced that Africa will be farmed by the Chinese in the not to distant future. The food will, of course, be exported to China. The Chinese are not unaware that the American industrial Ag model won WWII.

We will need to produce 70% more food by 2050 than we are producing now, and there will be 80% less usable land than we have now.

Arkansas":2hjwc13i said:
Has anyone been watching the News about how Starvation has risen and were going from 1 in 7 people starving/malnourished to 1 in 5 people ? Says by 2020 prices in food will rise by 20% because of it and that by 2050 Only china, U.S, Europe will be the only countries trying to stay afloat and able to if they feed there own countries only.. That's crazy, knowing that people will starve in Africa and other countries because of global warming.. Or that's at least what scientist are saying the culprit is.. Says that the U.S. needs to reduce its population by 1/3rd and the rest of the world by 2/3rd in order to produce enough food for everyone in the world... That's not happening especially seeing how the world is expected to grow by another 890 million by 2020 in the U.S. alone.. This is a study found by NASA, apparently they knew about it for a while but really wasn't sure it was going to happen. But now they are saying for sure it will happen. Also said by 2020 the average temp will rise 2.2 degrees higher and causing even more drought and pretty much an end to crops in Africa.. Crazy!

Exactly what color was that KoolAid you was drinking with Mr Gore there, Arkansas ole buddy.]

3waycross":12fevyrs said:
Arkansas":12fevyrs said:

Exactly what color was that KoolAid you was drinking with Mr Gore there, Arkansas ole buddy.]

I was think more of the lines that he joined Iso, and Al Gore at a "clam bake" and came up with this idea as their next big money maker.

chippie":yn3hx7rl said:
We will need to produce 70% more food by 2050 than we are producing now, and there will be 80% less usable land than we have now.
Jim Rogers, very successful investment guru, says demand for food will greatly increase. Next fortunes will be made in agriculture.
When Jim Rogers speaks, I listen.

3waycross":ui7mm8fw said:
Arkansas":ui7mm8fw said:

I never liked Al Gore but I would had rather seen him president then Bush Jr..lol This is all what I read on a Census site for the U.S. I was just wondering how much population we had and some where along the line I read this on there. I hope it doesn't happen or that its just non sense but the way Pork is already going off the wall in prices and other food products, it definitely makes you think :)

Just a thought, but I wonder if pork and other food products going up have anything to do with the government printing monopoly money. Probably not. We should maybe take heed to what they have done in India. Keep feeding the masses and allowing people who are in poverty and can't feed their children to continue to have scores of children and before long we too will have 700,000,000 people living in poverty and we like them can spend $24 billion on the feed bill. Its only right. Its only fair. And we should want to do this because we care.

Ryder":2n7hvf5o said:
chippie":2n7hvf5o said:
Jim Rogers, very successful investment guru, says demand for food will greatly increase. Next fortunes will be made in agriculture.
When Jim Rogers speaks, I listen.

I disagree with him on this. Sure there will be opportunities but the next fortunes will be made in politics. Be flat broke when you are elected and retire in just a few short years a millionaire with all sorts of perks you will never see in agriculture.

Latest posts