Gelbvieh's/Balancers/and one sorry Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Just a few pics I shot today. They are on summer pasture and haven't raised their heads for a week.

Some cows and calves; The Blk Heifer on the left is the one that was brown two weeks ago. She is a dtr of Ideal Direction, and my only purebred heifer this year.

IMG-20110614-00036_2_.jpg

My Angus bull 3yrs old and coming into his own. A son of LCC New Standard

June_Cows_and_Calves_2011.jpg

Dtr of Ozz Govenor. I know she's too big but I like lookin at her so much I really don't care

IMG-20110614-00038.jpg

double v":39ms62ft said:
Bull is looking good Vic

Thanks, I sold one of his sons the other day. I have 4 more to go on test this fall. As cold as it's been I just hope we can get some weaning weights on these calves. We are just now seeing some grass starting to grow.

Douglas":3c4x68gs said:
Gelbvieh's/Balancers/and one sorry Angus Bull
Sounds like a country song in the making

Yep! :cboy: and it could be one of those real sad ones if we don't get some rain real soon. The only thing worse than being cold and wet around here is being cold and dry, and we are sure enuf dry.

Thanks 3way, now I got a crick in my neck from your crooked pics. :lol: Nice bull and great scenery.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3vrioud9 said:
Cattle & country look good - but that's some sorry-a$$ summer pasture!!

There's a lot of green grass under there that you cannot see. Plus some standing Gramma grass that's like corn to cattle out here.

The good news is that the stockpiled grass from last year has kept them from the green squirts. They are all on the gain and happy so I really don't care how it looks.

Jeanne our grass for the most part is nowhere near as washy as what you folks have.

Believe it or not that is some of the best pasture in the valley. It is mostly subirrigated and the runoff is so slow developing that nothing is subbing. They really are doing well on it. The lactating cows have all picked up condidion since they were put in there and my bull looks better than he did on high protein grass hay last month. He was too fat then, now he is nicely muscled up.
The biggest problem I have is the 150 stockers across the fence coming in on me and grazing the fenceline. I am gonna have to put up a hot wire pretty soon.

I really like that black heifer calf. The red calf to the right looks pretty darn good too. Please send more photos as you get time.

Hey, if that Angus bull is sorry, he's the best sorry looking bull I've seen in a long time. Nice cattle!!!

UG":1h3tcrea said:
I really like that black heifer calf. The red calf to the right looks pretty darn good too. Please send more photos as you get time.

Hey, if that Angus bull is sorry, he's the best sorry looking bull I've seen in a long time. Nice cattle!!!

Thanks UG, I like that blk heifer also. She's going to be a big girl but I can breed her to some shorter stylish angus bulls and make some real nice balancers.

The Red Bull calf is going to be a dandy. He is out of a first calf heifer and a bull from flying H called Limited Edition. Coincidently the big blk GV cow in the last picture is that Red Bull calf's grandmother as she is the dam of Limited Edition.

Limited Edition http://www.flyinghgenetics.com/sires/ge ... on82U.html my cow is his dam the Ozz Govenor Lady cow.

Nice cattle 3way. Like your Governor daughter . She looks like an easy keeper, which always means chiching :D

Hope you get some rain soon. Our grass here is so washy from all the rain and no heat that there is just not enough protein or energy to make the cattle big fat pigs like they should be with all that pasture.

It is 12 Celsius now, pouring out and we are under a tornado watch. Gotta love Alberta weather, either we are bone dry and burning or sopping wet and freezing. :roll:

hillsdown":33899omg said:
Nice cattle 3way. Like your Governor daughter . She looks like an easy keeper, which always means chiching :D

Hope you get some rain soon. Our grass here is so washy from all the rain and no heat that there is just not enough protein or energy to make the cattle big fat pigs like they should be with all that pasture.

It is 12 Celsius now, pouring out and we are under a tornado watch. Gotta love Alberta weather, either we are bone dry and burning or sopping wet and freezing. :roll:

Thanks HD and good luck with the Tornado.

Latest posts