Fuel mileage truck

Help Support CattleToday:

SaskHerf":2vkj33wz said:
Not sure, but i'll sell ya a one ton it gets about 13. :cboy:

Depends on which one you have. Our Dodge averages 21 MPG, but our Ford averages 14. Just depends.

My fuel cost for the tractor is not what is hurting so bad its the fuel that I am using in my truck .

We have a dodge 2500 and it gets about 18-20 mpg and our ford 2500 gets 20-24 our ford has a chip.
Sam

Its cheaper for me to buy a used 4cyl vehicle than to drive my truck back and forth everywhere. Even last year before the price really went high I was spending 80-100 every week on gas.

I bought a little chev. Aveo to drive when I don't have to have the truck. It gets 32 city and 38 interstate. I'll admit I don't look sexy in it. On the other hand I wouldn't look sexy driving a lamborghini towing a porsche.

TheBullLady":3uf97e3s said:
My Tundra gets 25-28, but it's the 8 cylinder, not the 6.

WOW, those are factory rated for 18 on the highway. How are you squeezing that kind of fuel economy out of it? My '97 T100 averages 19-20 if I keep it 65 mph or less and that's with a V6.

Bama":1rzyngep said:
I bought a little chev. Aveo to drive when I don't have to have the truck. It gets 32 city and 38 interstate. I'll admit I don't look sexy in it. On the other hand I wouldn't look sexy driving a lamborghini towing a porsche.

"She thinks my Aveo's sexy..."

Just doesn't have the same ring, does it? :lol: :lol:

cfpinz

It's OK bama, as long as you can still cook up a mean put of stew, we'll look past your less than handsome mug. :lol: :lol:

Of course me saying this is definitely the pot calling the kettle black.

milesvb":vhfcxwcd said:
WOW, those are factory rated for 18 on the highway. How are you squeezing that kind of fuel economy out of it? My '97 T100 averages 19-20 if I keep it 65 mph or less and that's with a V6.

I have a '97 T100 too, and I can't even get that out of it. I get 16mpg, tops.

I towed upward of 5500lbs with mine once (heavy 16' car hauling trailer loaded with 70 or so 5" wood posts) and I burned close to a quarter of a tank in about 20 miles.. I figure it was getting about 4 or 5 mpg.

It wasn't a fun trip, either. I was just waiting for the Class III hitch to remind me of why they're rated for 5K lbs. :eek:

cmjust0":21wftmqq said:
milesvb":21wftmqq said:

I have a '97 T100 too, and I can't even get that out of it. I get 16mpg, tops.

It may not be broken in yet. Mine has 304,000 miles on it. ;-)

milesvb said:
It may not be broken in yet. Mine has 304,000 miles on it.

That's probably it.. Mine's only got about 115,000 right now. :lol:

On a side note, somebody told me that Toyota was coming out with a fullsize diesel soon.. That should be interesting.

Outrageously expensive, no doubt, but interesting. :eek:

Cowboy 2.0":3monatz4 said:
Depends on which one you have. Our Dodge averages 21 MPG, but our Ford averages 14. Just depends.

What kinda dodge you got and Ford?

'03 Dodge 3500 with 4" exhaust and Bully Dog Power Pup programmer. The Ford is a '99 F-350 7.3 Liter Powerstroke with a trait pipe, but no other enhancements.

Cowboy 2.0":11jxfwmx said:
'03 Dodge 3500 with 4" exhaust and Bully Dog Power Pup programmer. The Ford is a '99 F-350 7.3 Liter Powerstroke with a trait pipe, but no other enhancements.

Hmmm. Our Ford of that vintage beats that. You may have some other problem......

Latest posts