Fuel mileage truck

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild":lb18nmgh said:
Cowboy 2.0":lb18nmgh said:
'03 Dodge 3500 with 4" exhaust and Bully Dog Power Pup programmer. The Ford is a '99 F-350 7.3 Liter Powerstroke with a trait pipe, but no other enhancements.

Hmmm. Our Ford of that vintage beats that. You may have some other problem......

my 7.3L gets a little over 17mpg

I borrowed my girlfriends truck she has a '05 F350 6.0... Overdrive I got 18.... no overdrive I got 14.5... overall I was pretty happy with that mileage.

mitchwi":gleefgul said:
I borrowed my girlfriends truck she has a '05 F350 7.3... Overdrive I got 18.... no overdrive I got 14.5... overall I was pretty happy with that mileage.

The last year you could get a 7.3 was 2003. Now Ford diesels are 6.0 liters.

A chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 will also get 18 - 22 with the vortec V-6 and cost half as much as the diesel trucks. You didn't say if you were just driving from mud hole to mud hole or if you were draging 20 round bales through the mud.

If pulling the hay, go diesel. If not, save your money.

Subsoil":ukuenqhh said:
mitchwi":ukuenqhh said:
I borrowed my girlfriends truck she has a '05 F350 7.3... Overdrive I got 18.... no overdrive I got 14.5... overall I was pretty happy with that mileage.

The last year you could get a 7.3 was 2003. Now Ford diesels are 6.0 liters.

Sorry, I will double check with her and see if I got the year or the engine wrong!

Reducing the weight of your vehicle helps a great deal with fuel mileage.

I would not be surprised if a guy running a basically empty pickup with a 7.3L was pulling 20mpg and the guy with his loaded tool box and diesel tank in the bed of his truck was pulling 12mpg.

Weight is one of the biggest factors effecting MPG.

Latest posts