FSA/CFAP Coronavirus program

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Did anyone get the text or email about the CFAP program today? If so did anyone understand what they going to do?

It is quite simple. Go to the following website.
https://www.farmers.gov/cfap#apply
Scroll down to "How to apply" and then "CFAP Application" and download AD-3114 and the CFAP payment calculator.
Complete the two page form AD-3114 with any sales occurring between January 15 and April 15 and your highest inventory between April 16 and May14.
Sign it. You can then scan it and send it in to your local FSA office, but call first so they know it is coming.
If your farm is already on record with FSA and your records are current, the AD-3114 will be all you need.

If you have not used FSA services in the past, they will tell you what other forms you will need, such as:
CCC-901 for your name, address, tax ID#,
CCC-941 to report your income,
SF-3881 for direct deposit banking information.

I'm still holding on to last years calf crop born from 2/19 - 4/15. Have not sold a calf since 6/19 I didn't understand if I would get anything for holding on. Doesn't make sense to sell them in a down market. But looking like might have been best to shuck them a few months back.

Lucky said:
I'm still holding on to last years calf crop born from 2/19 - 4/15. Have not sold a calf since 6/19 I didn't understand if I would get anything for holding on. Doesn't make sense to sell them in a down market. But looking like might have been best to shuck them a few months back.
You can get $33 per head for every feeder, cow, calf, bull that you owned between April 15 and May 14

kenny thomas said:
Lucky said:
You can get $33 per head for every feeder, cow, calf, bull that you owned between April 15 and May 14

Last count was 1,034.

Lucky said:

I'm guessing there will be a second round of payments after the second quarter. Otherwise the 4/15 date makes absolutely no sense. There were a lot of people that had fat cattle ready to sell and no market for them from mid April through the first part of may. I think you will be money ahead holding them. But what do I know.

ChrisB said:
Lucky said:

I'm guessing there will be a second round of payments after the second quarter. Otherwise the 4/15 date makes absolutely no sense. There were a lot of people that had fat cattle ready to sell and no market for them from mid April through the first part of may. I think you will be money ahead holding them. But what do I know.

This is what I'm hoping for. I don't care so much about a payment on the mother cows but some help on these yearlings would be nice. $33 dollars a head doesn't go very far when the market is down $150-200 a head. I talked to a man that has 700 hd in the feedlot weighing 1,500# and there's nowhere for them to go. That's a rough deal.

The lady in the FSA office called my son to tell him about it, he went by and did the paperwork and they filed for it. He does all the farm income/expenses/taxes and just pays me for what ever cattle that are mine that get sold. Much easier for him to do it all and get the benefits of any tax writeoffs etc. Most are his cattle anyway, and most of the equipment is his too. I'm just the go-fer and the hay tedder/raker and the cattle getter-in person....

How many applications are going to be denied because of this....
https://www.farmers.gov/sites/default/files/documents/FSA_CFAP_General_Fact%20Sheet-2020-5-26-20.pdf
To be eligible for payments, a person or legal entity
must either:

• have an average adjusted gross income of less than
$900,000 for tax years 2016, 2017, and 2018; or
derive at least 75 percent of their adjusted gross
income from farming, ranching, or forestry

Top of the second column, first page.

Lucky said:
This is what I'm hoping for. I don't care so much about a payment on the mother cows but some help on these yearlings would be nice. $33 dollars a head doesn't go very far when the market is down $150-200 a head. I talked to a man that has 700 hd in the feedlot weighing 1,500# and there's nowhere for them to go. That's a rough deal.

I wish I had seen this earlier, but I have the payment schedule in my email at my work. I will try to get it an post it Monday.

1982vett said:
https://www.farmers.gov/sites/default/files/documents/FSA_CFAP_General_Fact%20Sheet-2020-5-26-20.pdf
must either:

I would think most average cattle people would qualify. The key word there is the "or". I know I will not touch the $900,000 mark.

tom4018 said:
1982vett said:
must either:

I would think most average cattle people would qualify. The key word there is the "or". I know I will not touch the $900,000 mark.

Ahh...missed that. Does change the way I interpreted it.

Thanks, I'll take the time to figure out the info the want now.

1982vett said:
tom4018 said:
1982vett said:
must either:

Ahh...missed that. Does change the way I interpreted it.

Thanks, I'll take the time to figure out the info the want now.

My application did not contain the second part. I think there is the Cares Act part I and part II.

Anyone got their payment yet? Got a email that they had started making payments.

Latest posts