CFAP

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I recieved and email fmom my local Farm Services Agency and it appears that the CFAP program is still active. If you did not apply you still can and should. They still have a lot of funds to grant to Cattlemen and Crop Producers under the Virus Stimulis Package.

sstterry said:
I recieved and email fmom my local Farm Services Agency and it appears that the CFAP program is still active. If you did not apply you still can and should. They still have a lot of funds to grant to Cattlemen and Crop Producers under the Virus Stimulis Package.

I know a lot of people applied, I haven't heard the first one say they received it.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

I know a lot of people applied, I haven't heard the first one say they received it.
I applied May 26, the first day. The payment was deposited in my account 8 days later. Everyone I know that applied got the payment very quickly.

farmerjan said:
My son applied in the first few days and got a deposit about 2-3 weeks later.
Printed form to apply for the $33 head hand out as was posted a few weeks ago.

CFAP form....

https://www.farmers.gov/cfap/apply

It took about a week to 10 days to get mine. The 12,500 lb loads of calves that I have sold this year have been averaging about $1000 less than last year. The payment I received gets me back to about even.

What are the qualifications? I have not sold anything since last fall does that disqualify me?
So really I have not been impacted. YET

M & P said:
What are the qualifications? I have not sold anything since last fall does that disqualify me?
So really I have not been impacted. YET
Inventory on hand from 4-16-20 to 5-14-20, has nothing to do with sales. Any 500+ pound calf counts as a cow also. I graduated with the lady who runs our office and she saved me the trip (no covid exposure). She mailed papers for signature and I return. ASAP get this applied for as the 1st post in the thread advised.

You got impacted when the governments regs and letting foreigners buy out our slaughter houses. IMO it is hard to see cattle prices anytime soon improve much.

I was under the impression the other 20% would come sometime......If the funds held out. Seems like everybody should have had time to apply by now.

Thanks for the reminder.
I called the local office Nice gal there emailed me everything I needed so after I fill it out and drop it off supposedly I'll be set.
Originally I understood that over 50% of your income had to come from livestock to qualify.
Not sure where I got that from.

I'm thinking just maybe my fall fertilizer bill got smaller

Thanks for the reminder. I got busy with work and forgot to apply. Dropped my printed application off at our local office this afternoon. They said 10 to 14 days and it should be deposited in my account.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bigfoot said:
I was under the impression the other 20% would come sometime......If the funds held out. Seems like everybody should have had time to apply by now.

No need to reapply for that 20% though, correct?
My understanding is that the 20% will come automatically if you got the first check.

kenny thomas said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bigfoot said:

My understanding is that the 20% will come automatically if you got the first check.

Gracias.

Turned in my papers this a.m so we will see how long it takes. The FSA office here seems a bit frazzled by the process but says they will get to it eventually. I know a few of the bigger producers here have already got theirs.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bigfoot said:

20% will be sent automatically. $10B of $16B left. For once, there's a surplus. Bet it goes in somebody's pocket, though it certainly won't be the cow calf producer.

https://www.agweb.com/article/usda-not-track-hit-16-billion-cfap-payments?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTlRVMk16UTVaalZsWTJReSIsInQiOiJOWmVIc2tzMU5PdUNPQjZQRnJVODlReklKR0psbDl1Q09hOFFmQ25vZ21jUTF2OWpZNFwvaWptZWxyZ0w0VGZBY1JOQ0F2aUNrbWlmUHBsampnN2szODhMNUphTWJTXC80bXdIWmw0Z1hMWlVYc0lKdDZWb01cL25pK1dPUWFvTUZiUCJ9

Latest posts