FSA/CFAP Coronavirus program

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd said:
MurraysMutts said:
I never have either.
Just wait.
They will call ya next week with something new.
We triggered for drought July 7th I think it was.
I guess they give u money for that too...

I think this is the cattle welfare I was so adamant about not ever doing.

What have i done?
Sold your soul it appears.
Would you rather give it to the welfare bunch that has never paid taxes.

I'm with you Kenny. I never liked taking "free stuff" from the gov't because it always came with a price tag of some sort. All this fencing out of streams, putting in wells, then being tied up for 10 or 20 years and all that crap. And dealing with no electricity and having to haul water whenever we have a power outage....but since I have hit SS age, and medicare, I figure I have paid for all that I can get for the last 40+ years.... better for me to get what I can than the ones that never worked for it and the gov' t still handing it out. I paid my taxes, worked my butt off for what is very low wages by todays' consideration. So if we can get some of this cattle money, which we did, then I am not going to deny myself. We deserve some better compensation for all the years of low prices and back breaking hard work.

Any recent news on round two? I thought I read signup would be in September.

kenny thomas said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
TexasBred said:
Mine would not have been enough to justify the trip to town so didn't apply.

You mean you didn't just happen to purchase 100 head in January like I did. ;-)
Purchasing 100 head didn't pay nearly as well as selling 100 head.

But then there is that pesky tax paper trail and what did you do with all tha money.

By the way, a friend told me yesterday that there is a second round. I had not heard that.

All I can find is the FSA is awaiting Congress to approve another round. No timeline since there is still a few days left on the first round and it's all not been spent.

kenny thomas said:
I wasn't aware of a second round.

I haven't heard that it was official yet but it may be. But they are proposing one for sure. Apparently the big players didn't get enough the first go around!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
The second round of checks consisting of the 20% withheld from the round 1 checks are being deposited right now. Ours hit this week. I know other guys who got theirs earlier.

Yes I got my 20% last week but FSA says there could be another full round later.

kenny thomas said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
The second round of checks consisting of the 20% withheld from the round 1 checks are being deposited right now. Ours hit this week. I know other guys who got theirs earlier.

Yes I got my 20% last week but FSA says there could be another full round later.

I'll take it. Good thing I didn't sell those extra hundred I bought. ;-) ;-)

I read somewhere that the second round was already planned and not part of the current relief package waiting to be signed. Don't know if it's true or not. But I always thought the April 15th cutoff date was very arbitrary since there were a lot of people that couldn't market/deliver their fat cattle through the first part of June or so and the prices continued dropping.

Latest posts