LFP program?

Help Support CattleToday:

fnfarms1

Reaction score
I understand what it is and have an appointment. Question being that in the past some years they dock you for have 27hd if your acreage should only have 25 according to the hd/acre average for your area. Anyone know if that's the case this year?

Yes They still only pay based on the number of cows you "should" be able to run. The FSA is a terrible organization. I don't like the well fair but if they are going to give it out I'd sure like to see it be done a little more efficiently and/or common sense. Anything government seems to suck...

I won't disagree, but again if their giving it out, I'll get my share. It's all from our taxes dollars anyway. Sadly it's only a small bit of the farm bill which is 80% paid out to food stamps. Most of which is used to buy sodas and junk food, not meats and veggies. Don't even get me started on buying imported beef instead of domestic beef which would actually help us instead of Mexico, Brazil, etc

I stock pretty heavy but they don't account for fertilizer or rotational grazing. I do both and I have to take care of my land, not just strip it. Either way curious how it goes
Yes, they (and other govt entities) don't take into consideration good management practices. Especially true at some county levels (ag exemption acreage requirements)
Damn paper pushers...

Since the government spends or gives away way more money that they take in, the argument that welfare programs are a return of tax dollars is not fiscally sound. A good portion did not come from tax dollars but is just added to the deficit. In the private sector, there is a max limit on credit. No such limit on the government credit, apparently.

Since the government spends or gives away way more money that they take in, the argument that welfare programs are a return of tax dollars is not fiscally sound. A good portion did not come from tax dollars but is just added to the deficit. In the private sector, there is a max limit on credit. No such limit on the government credit, apparently.
I agree with you 100%. I don't like it at all and I used to never sign up for any of the programs. But after a strong worded conversation with an older man I sign up for everything now. If the government is going to give out money and cause inflation or give back taxes. Which ever it is, I might as well as get much from them as I can because all of our competition is surely going to take anything the government gives them.

I agree with you 100%. I don't like it at all and I used to never sign up for any of the programs. But after a strong worded conversation with an older man I sign up for everything now. If the government is going to give out money and cause inflation or give back taxes. Which ever it is, I might as well as get much from them as I can because all of our competition is surely going to take anything the government gives them.
This is my point. I may be simply taking the money to turn around and hand in back through inflation or something. But I'm going to be paying that cost anyway is my point. Exactly where the money comes from ie taxes, who knows. IMHO I think the farm bill should support farms not grocery buyers, therefore the other 80% of the farm bill wouldn't be needed. So I guess I like to see the farm help portion as being paid from taxes not borrowed money, since without the growers, there's nothing for the consumer to buy. But I get your point

Latest posts