Free Time

Help Support CattleToday:

Best part of the day is drinking coffee and watching the sun come up.
Lots of mornings I leave the house way before sunup so on the days I get to stay home I enjoy it.
Nothing better than getting up early then doing chores when it's light enough. When chores are done cooking a big breakfast. Lots of things in life I want to do. Build fence, go to the lake, spray mesquite, go fishing, improve working pens, kayak and etc.
Stay vertical and enjoy everyday. Balance work and play

pricefarm":37b697i0 said:
not one to just seat and do nothing I get bored to easy.

That's part of it as well. It doesn't take much to entertain or satisfy some people, others, it takes a lot more.

greybeard":2knlf9un said:
pricefarm":2knlf9un said:

That's part of it as well. It doesn't take much to entertain or satisfy some people, others, it takes a lot more.

That is actually correct. It reminds me of some studies I had in college. Some people do need more external activity to satisfy or entertain them; if they don't get it, they're bored. Some have the ability to satisfy themselves from within with their minds; they are always engaged in thought, and they enjoy it.

I'll mention at this point that I'm not saying one is better than the other, but it is just a difference in how people are wired. Honestly, I don't believe I even know what boredom is. I know that may sound strange, but I can't relate to how people describe boredom. I don't have this negative, restless feeling that comes over me just because I'm not engaged in an external activity or gave to wait in a Dr office. Even if I am without activity, I still have my mind. (I'm sure I'm leaving myself open for jokes there).

That's the short version, but people are just wired differently.

herofan":1edwjxvx said:

Everyone's software runs a little different. You get into trouble fast making generalizations. Some people have to be physically active to obtain fulfillment. Others can sit down and work algebra problems and obtain fulfillment.

herofan":1hy3fbsv said:
greybeard":1hy3fbsv said:
pricefarm":1hy3fbsv said:

That is actually correct. It reminds me of some studies I had in college. Some people do need more external activity to satisfy or entertain them; if they don't get it, they're bored. Some have the ability to satisfy themselves from within with their minds; they are always engaged in thought, and they enjoy it.

I'll mention at this point that I'm not saying one is better than the other, but it is just a difference in how people are wired. Honestly, I don't believe I even know what boredom is. I know that may sound strange, but I can't relate to how people describe boredom. I don't have this negative, restless feeling that comes over me just because I'm not engaged in an external activity or gave to wait in a Dr office. Even if I am without activity, I still have my mind. (I'm sure I'm leaving myself open for jokes there).

The fact that you don't know what boredom is, is somewhat telling.
I have read your posts, in this thread and others, and I can honestly say I would be beyond bored with your lifestyle.
You still are a ways from understanding.The people of the nature we are discussing are people who are constantly engaged in physical activity are also engaged in the same mental activity you describe. Simple physical activity and accomplishment is still not enough.Their hands and body are doing one thing while their minds are farther down the road, working on the next project, learning a new procedure, solving the next problem.
An 8 or 10 hr day and 40 hr work week would kill me.
My wife has never understood it, but my sisters do, and my brother certainly did. I came to avoid going over to my 2 sister's places to do things for them for 2 reasons.
1. It took time away from what I wanted or needed to do here.
2. They both wanted to spend way too much time sitting under a tree or in the house 'talking'. The want to talk, they need to follow me about and talk.

I don't do nearly what or as much as I used to, but it's only because of physical limitations that come with age and declining health.

greybeard":29n00y2u said:
You still are a ways from understanding.The people of the nature we are discussing are people who are constantly engaged in physical activity are also engaged in the same mental activity you describe. Simple physical activity and accomplishment is still not enough.Their hands and body are doing one thing while their minds are farther down the road, working on the next project, learning a new procedure, solving the next problem.
My wife has never understood it, but my sisters do, and my brother certainly did.

One would think you are describing quantum mechanics.

How could your wife not understand that as you say "some people have the nature to want to be constantly engaged in physical activity". Holy cow, that is not a complex concept. It is not a rare characteristic in the human population nor are you some rare gifted human being who stands alone with some rare quality.

Furthermore, it is not difficult to understand that some folks have the capacity to enjoy life and find rewards in non-physical pursuits. It is not a matter that one is inferior and the other is superior.

Bright Raven":1zwt2h5f said:
greybeard":1zwt2h5f said:
My wife has never understood it, but my sisters do, and my brother certainly did.

How could your wife not understand that as you say "some people have the nature to want to be constantly engaged in physical activity". Holy cow, that is not a complex concept. It is not a rare characteristic in the human population nor are you some rare gifted human being who stands alone with some rare quality.

Furthermore, it is not difficult to understand that some folks have the capacity to enjoy life and find rewards in non-physical pursuits. It is not a matter that one is inferior and the other is superior.

when taken in the context on previous conversations some would say certain individuals are looking for affirmation for being lazy.

There's a man here that acts like he's the only person doing something...he moves around like a ricochet bullet,,,never really get anything completed.

M-5":29me5m3r said:
when taken in the context on previous conversations some would say certain individuals are looking for affirmation for being lazy.

When taken in the context of this thread, in and of itself, one could conclude that some Users hold their lifestyle to be superior to others.

If Herofan uses his brain teaching, meets his obligations, and is content and happy. Good for him.

If you use your back roofing, meet your obligations and you are content and happy. Good for you.

No one is lifted by making judgements of other Users as you did:

Hero this isn't the first thread you mention how you "avoid" work. It's good your a teacher and have to be told what to do. It's apparent your not self motivated.

Some might say you are putting others down to lift yourself.

Bright Raven":1capycrr said:
M-5":1capycrr said:

When taken in the context of this thread, in and of itself, one could conclude that some Users hold their lifestyle to be superior to others.

If Herofan uses his brain teaching, meets his obligations, and is content and happy. Good for him.

If you use your back roofing, meet your obligations and you are content and happy. Good for you.

Hero this isn't the first thread you mention how you "avoid" work. It's good your a teacher and have to be told what to do. It's apparent your not self motivated.

Some also say i'm an AZZhole. It really has no bearing on my daily life.

M-5":q5ztd4lx said:
Bright Raven":q5ztd4lx said:
M-5":q5ztd4lx said:

Is that your final and best defense?

Bright Raven":ag67w8yl said:
M-5":ag67w8yl said:
Bright Raven":ag67w8yl said:

Are you hired by HEROFAN or self appointed ???

callmefence":39e1bkkh said:
M-5":39e1bkkh said:
The Dr office gets 15 min grace period. Then I'm pacing the floors tell them we had a scheduled appointment. My time is just as valuable. I've walked out plenty of times.

I sent them a bill once..... still waiting on that check.

I have never billed them but I have changed Dr's several times. There are doctors that do try and provide a service for the paying customer.

M-5":2qzj8ng3 said:
Bright Raven":2qzj8ng3 said:
M-5":2qzj8ng3 said:

That is privileged information.

Regarding your defense. Is a denial coming? You have confessed that being an azzhole is ok with you. I assume a denial is not forthcoming.

Bright Raven":1k6ehhsw said:

How could your wife and herofan not understand that as you say "some people have the nature to want to be constantly engaged in physical activity". Holy cow, that is not a complex concept. It is not a rare characteristic in the human population nor are you some rare gifted human being who stands alone with some rare quality.

fixed that for ya.

I never said I didn't understand herofan's lifestyle, nor have I said either is superior. I long ago came to the realization that there are some people that are far more driven to do and/or accomplish than others are.

greybeard":1xo5y3ld said:
Bright Raven":1xo5y3ld said:

How could your wife and herofan not understand that as you say "some people have the nature to want to be constantly engaged in physical activity". Holy cow, that is not a complex concept. It is not a rare characteristic in the human population nor are you some rare gifted human being who stands alone with some rare quality.

fixed that for ya.

I never said I didn't understand herofan's lifestyle, nor have I said either is superior. I long ago came to the realization that there are some people that are far more driven to do and/or accomplish than others are.

Finally, someone willing to post a denial.

Bright Raven":i440fvn4 said:
M-5":i440fvn4 said:
Bright Raven":i440fvn4 said:

That is privileged information.

Regarding your defense. Is a denial coming? You have confessed that being an azzhole is ok with you. I assume a denial is not forthcoming.

Your the resident " superiority complex" expert so you figure it out.

Latest posts