Fourth of July

Help Support CattleToday:

Cooked some tomatoes and okra for dinner that were unanimously declared by all attendees to be the best ever concocted. We then ate a watermelon and watched the Nathan's hot dog eating contest on ESPN.

I spent most of the day chaseing tractor parts, with no luck. Kathy fixed a nice dinner. When the sun set we lit up the fireworks. Kelly did the lighting and I got to set in a chair and watch. Lily would stand by her mom until she lit one off, then run as fast as she could go to Papa's arms. She said "Papa the big bang scares me." Lily made me feel pretty humble and thankful for one more blessing.
Tom

Well we cooked 32 slabs of ribs,20 chicken breast, 8 lbs of Cunecuh sauage, Several hot dogs and hamburgers, If i remember correctly we had 6 or 7 ice-cream freezers with homemade ice-cream.
Despite the good time, someone came in to a family and friend event, went through several cars and stole around $700. Several people saw them but didn't know they were crooks.

Had something happen at the parade we have been going to for twenty years that I had never seen before. Big election year so they were all out in force, when the republicans came by there was no sound from the crowd and then the same for the democrats, you could hear a pin drop except for when our congressman got booed. I think there are a lot of angry people out there.

Well, i went back to Kansas to spend it with my boyfriend since he had a four day. It was amazing, especially since he had spent the past two in Iraq and the one before that in Basic. So needless to say the guys went all out on it. :D

Latest posts