Fourth of July

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
What are ya'll doing for the fourth? I plan on cooking some pulled pork and relaxing by the fire while I try to find the bottom of some freshly brewed muscadine medley. I'm figuring it will take about 10 hours to properly cook the butts so this should give me ample time to purge my system. Have a wonderful fourth!

All the plans just changed. Last p.m. I was approached with a heck of a deal by someone in an emergency money crunch. Its time to liquidate and gather up all the nickels I can before they change their mind. Instead of doing what I intended to do today in preps for the 4th, the boss lady will have me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. She's more excited than I am. Banks and credit unions don't open for another 30 minutes or so. They're closed on Monday. Life would be much simpler if all the eggs were in one basket.

I plan on cutting some calves.Nope I have never cut any before but I have banded several. An older farmer is going to help with the cutting. I need to spray for grass hoppers but it is still raining. My wife and I hope everyone has a safe and pleasant 4th.

I am going to an American motorbike rally, in Battlesbridge a quaint little village near to where I live I will try to get some photo's. Hope everyone has a great day and all the celebrations go smoothly.
Happy-4th-of-july.gif

A little work and a little play.
Check the cows, kill some weeds, harvest some veggies, groom the dogs and I hope to cook some burgers on the grill, have a few cold beers and do a little relaxing by the pool too! 8)
I hope everyone has a happy & safe "4th of July"
And a big THANK YOU to all that serve to keep our country free and independent!!! :pretty:

Going to a 4th of July potluck down near the river. Local cafe owner get together with a landowner and the party is on.
Have a guy that buys these huge fireworks and sets them off.
Kids get to run around and have fun. Neighbors visiting together talking cows and crops. Can't ask for a better day. :D :D :D

Had 52 of the wife's folks over. 10 of them came Thursday and are staying until Monday. Rented a water slide for the kids, lots of food, and $500 in fireworks to top off the night.
I mowed hay until almost time to eat.

On the 3rd baled hay til 2 and then went to my mommas house she had a get together some good friends from Texas were in plus 1 of my sisters from TX was there
ate good food and sat around and visited till around 11 last nite
for the actual 4th gonna feed calves and then I am planning on just taking it easy today No plans at all

Well there goes taking it easy for today kids just called and they are going floating so they are bringing Rye and Ty over for us to watch and since Grammy flipped the 4 wheeler last week and is all banged up looks like I will be the one having to help change the $hitty diapers :cry:

Angus Cowman":jlop8s3z said:
Well there goes taking it easy for today kids just called and they are going floating so they are bringing Rye and Ty over for us to watch and since Grammy flipped the 4 wheeler last week and is all banged up looks like I will be the one having to help change the $hitty diapers :cry:

:???: Just glove up and go for it...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ain't nothin to it. Jerk the diapers of as soon as they come thur the door and letem run naked.Spray noozle on the water hose and you are good to go.

Even the weatherman is cooperating this weekend and giving us a beautiful weekend...A few showers early yesterday- but quit by 9AM so we were finally able to finish up branding and working calves that had been put off by the rain and flooded creeks... Had lots of family and neighbor help, so things went good..

Today its a predicted high of 78 , sunshine and beautiful...Grandma and I just made an ice, beer, and grandkid delivery to Fort Peck lake where the kids are camped (we couldn't stay because Grandma is on call at the Hospital this weekend to take care of all the rodeo and roper wrecks :roll: )...Lake is covered with boats- and shoreline is covered with campers..

Anybody not camping or rodeoing, I think are haying-as I saw lots of swathers going- and some baling....Weather forecast is for two weeks of dry weather- just perfect for haying....

And during the drive to the lake I realized the hay and wheat fields up here look better than I can ever remember...Even the bad farmers got great looking crops... ;-) And I think the grass is greener than I've ever saw it on a 4th of July.... :)

Not sure what else I'll do today- but an afternoon nap on the deck is looking inviting...

Life is Good-- have a very happy and safe 4th of July weekend...

Angus Cowman":382usoo1 said:
you work with all those big cows and your worried about a few poopie nappies. :roll:
got all the way to the motorbike rally only to find it had been called off as the guy who organises the show died and no-one else had set it up this year, so we came back home and lazed out on the deck. the weather here at the moment is fantastic way up in the upper 70's and mid 80's f. I love it.

Been nursing a dislocated toe so haven't been able to do much except relax and do a little grilling. Probably what I'd have been doing anyway. ;-)

Went to the lake for 2 days, wife got drunk and made an ass out of herself as usual.

It was a good 4th of July here. Had the kids down, tomorrow is our son's birthday plus anniversary. We grilled steaks and had a nice sweet watermelon and other good stuff, the guys had a few beers, granddaughter had a big time because she was allowed to light some of the fireworks. The rain held off until all the "purties" were set off, just bottle rockets were left when the rain got serious. Family, food, fireworks, I'd call that a pretty good day.

Latest posts