Found this orphan.

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer

Reaction score
He looked like he was about to starve, so we took him home. Adj BW 70, Adj WW 785, ~ 13 1/2 months and weighs 1360

Comments welcome- I don't raise seed stock, and my feelings aren't attached to the animal. My biggest critique would be length- I'd prefer a little more. He might be able to so some things for us- we'll see. He'll get some of the framier cows next spring. The breds he's in with now are just for acclimation.

Putangitangi":1efu87mu said:
In your second picture, it looks like his testicles are quite uneven - a trick of the moment or the light, or is there something going on there?
Not having been there when the picture was taken I can't say for certain, however it appears that he was walking on uneven ground, and the scrotum was 'swinging' from side to side at the time.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2ta78n9d said:
Putangitangi":2ta78n9d said:
In your second picture, it looks like his testicles are quite uneven - a trick of the moment or the light, or is there something going on there?
Not having been there when the picture was taken I can't say for certain, however it appears that he was walking on uneven ground, and the scrotum was 'swinging' from side to side at the time.

DOC HARRIS

Yeah Putangitangi, I noticed that when I loaded the pic. It looks funny there, but I think Doc is right as he was moving. I couldn't get a good one standing still without a heifer being in the way, or looking into the Sun.

The other thing I noticed, is that his back feet look very narrow in the view from the front- he was in the process of turning around in that one. I think the rear view is more indicative of his normal spacing.

gizmom":3jxs956p said:
Good looking bull. What is his breeding? Needs a wide load sign if you hayl him down the road.

Gizmo

Thanks, I liked his thickness. Hopefully it all won't melt off. I will have to go back and verify as I'm not the best with all the pedigrees, but I believe his sire is Conneally Final Product and his dam was sired by a Rito6 something, something of Emblazon.

Latest posts