forums serve a purpose

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I'm not a forum junkie, I promise. I post on this one very regular. I have been on Barrel Horse world for about 4 years, but I only have about 200 post. I got a PM this morning from a member on there. What little personal information, that I have disclosed there led her to ask what city I was from. I gladly answered, and it turns out we are first cousins. Neither of us knew the other existed. Kind of a small world.

I agree and I belong to several, Some I have not visited/posted in years but will lurk from time to time. I post here a lot because I have made some great friends and enjoy it. I have never met anyone that I am kin too though.

M5farm":59cyr5bd said:
I agree and I belong to several, Some I have not visited/posted in years but will lurk from time to time. I post here a lot because I have made some great friends and enjoy it. I have never met anyone that I am kin too though.

This forum is more like a conversation with friends, than any other I have visited.

Bigfoot":30h0a4zy said:
This forum is more like a conversation with friends, than any other I have visited.

True! And many of my friends are grumpy old men...

ANAZAZI":2pkg74yn said:
Bigfoot":2pkg74yn said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: So true!
Lets not forget us ole ladies Anazazi! :pretty:

branguscowgirl":3p12zhmu said:
ANAZAZI":3p12zhmu said:
Bigfoot":3p12zhmu said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: So true!
Lets not forget us ole ladies Anazazi! :pretty:

Point taken. :tiphat: to all the grumpy ladies too.

there are several on here I would get in my truck and not stop till I got there to help them if they called me.

I certainly enjoy this forum more than the others (probably upwards of 30 others) that I'm on.. Many are car specific forums.. I'm on 4 just for the Mazda Rx7, Another 3 diesel forums, about 6 motorcycle forums. I met one of my best friends on a worldwide Rx7 forum that's pretty much dead now.. We got to talking, where are you from, etc, and started narrowing it down,.. we lived 3 blocks away from each other, and ended up trading parts back and forth for years, until we kinda just lost track of who's stuff was who's, and it just became "If you need it it's yours". Known each other about 10 years now.

There are many of you that I would be honored to meet in person. There doesn't seem to be anyone on CT from my neck of the woods, even very many in CA for that matter.........

I believe even some of the folks that don't get along as well would like one another "in person."

Do any of you Oregon folks come down to the Red Bluff Bull sale?

M5farm":3lzmt581 said:
there are several on here I would get in my truck and not stop till I got there to help them if they called me.

We share that feeling, but being halfway between my closest neighbours P.A.L. and Dutchcowboy with thousands of miles to go any direction, I might just pass...

Bigfoot":749s294e said:
M5farm":749s294e said:

Can almost be like sitting around a campfire or domino table shooting the breeze.

branguscowgirl":110ejzs9 said:
There are many of you that I would be honored to meet in person. There doesn't seem to be anyone on CT from my neck of the woods, even very many in CA for that matter.........

I believe even some of the folks that don't get along as well would like one another "in person."

Well we can't all be "valley boys and girls". :lol: :lol: :hide:

TexasBred":3sj903q0 said:
Bigfoot":3sj903q0 said:
M5farm":3sj903q0 said:

Can almost be like sitting around a campfire or domino table shooting the breeze.

It's even better since we don't have to look at each other.

M5farm":t8bfkk6u said:

I've got kin folk in Florida Daryl. Good news is I know them all.

Both the other users closest to me (Nitehawk and Jillaroo) are about 5 hours away.. There's one close (Spray Creek Ranch) that's about 10 minutes, but they haven't been back since they signed up.

Nesikep":ckqyt4xz said:
Both the other users closest to me (Nitehawk and Jillaroo) are about 5 hours away.. There's one close (Spray Creek Ranch) that's about 10 minutes, but they haven't been back since they signed up.

maybe you should check on them.

M5farm":2yk6ly3h said:

That has actually happened. Both ways too.

TexasBred":3bj4vle6 said:
branguscowgirl":3bj4vle6 said:

Well we can't all be "valley boys and girls". :lol: :lol: :hide:
TB someday we are gonna meet at a CT family reunion and your gonna like me........

whether you like it or not! :mrgreen:

I belong to four forums, only lurk on two, post very little on one and I do the rest of my posting here. I like CT because for the most part it's good, mature, intelligent conversation. Conversation not just punching keys to get your count up or push an agenda. One forum, the one I post a little on, has a good number of highschool and college age boys on it and the maturity level of the post falls to their level too often. It's hard for me to want to get involved in a lot of the topics posted.