Ford vs. Chevy

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a 2WD 2002 Dodge RAM 1500, single cab with LWB, quite rare, with the 4.7V8 and transmission oil cooler. I put a PowerTrax NoSlip locker in the rear end, and it will haul ass almost anywhere. It is getting incredibly beat up, though - holes and scratches and bent sheet metal all over the place. I have about half a gallon of Slime in each tire. It runs perfectly, though.

I hate these new trucks, they're too prissy and computerized, and ALL of them have that idiotic DINGDINGDINGDINGDING alarm that goes off if a seat belt isn't fastened, which is a royal PITA when you're idling around your ranch at .05 mph and stopping every couple of minutes. Cripes. To my knowledge, the Toyota and Nissan trucks don't have this. Whenever I do get a new truck, if I find one that doesn't have it, or on which it can be disabled, that's the truck I'm going to buy.

Ruark":136kiv2c said:
I have a 2WD 2002 Dodge RAM 1500, single cab with LWB, quite rare, with the 4.7V8 and transmission oil cooler. I put a PowerTrax NoSlip locker in the rear end, and it will haul ass almost anywhere. It is getting incredibly beat up, though - holes and scratches and bent sheet metal all over the place. I have about half a gallon of Slime in each tire. It runs perfectly, though.

I hate these new trucks, they're too prissy and computerized, and ALL of them have that idiotic DINGDINGDINGDINGDING alarm that goes off if a seat belt isn't fastened, which is a royal PITA when you're idling around your ranch at .05 mph and stopping every couple of minutes. Cripes. To my knowledge, the Toyota and Nissan trucks don't have this. Whenever I do get a new truck, if I find one that doesn't have it, or on which it can be disabled, that's the truck I'm going to buy.
Easy to disable, just make a buckle type end from an old credit card or piece of plastic and slide it into the female end of the belt.

Ruark":22mxs21c said:

Is your dash falling apart??? My 2001 Dodge is!! Makes me hate Dodge. I have tried a couple of times to get them to help me fix it - NO WAY Jose!!! :bang:

I know the Ford 6.0s should be avoided and the new diesel 6.7 is just a year old but what about the 6.4 that came after the 6.0? Were there any problems with it? like the new F250 diesels but I don't have $50,000 to throw towards a new truck. I've always bought used and never had too much of a problem with repairs.

KennyT":a224izjb said:
I know the Ford 6.0s should be avoided and the new diesel 6.7 is just a year old but what about the 6.4 that came after the 6.0? Were there any problems with it? like the new F250 diesels but I don't have $50,000 to throw towards a new truck. I've always bought used and never had too much of a problem with repairs.
The 6.4 doesn;t get mileage it gets yardage. 13 -14 mpg is the best it's gonna do and that's empty. Pull a trailer and it drops down into the 10-11 range. The old engine did a whole lot better

I do a lot of towing .. dozer tractor etc.. pretty much every day .. I ruined 2 6.0 fords to the point Ford wouldn't warranty them any more .. ill never own another one ...Bailey out or not.. I love my dodge

I can show you a 2005 dodge that has about 2/3 the mileage I do. It needs a new engine and just had to have the tranny fully rebuilt.....

I dont believe i would go with the 6.7. Hell ford doesnt even have anybody qualified to even work on them..........what a joke.

i traded in a 08 dodge cummins with 170 k miles on it in may ... never had a problem out of it except the exhaust .. once I took that off it ran great and got 19 mph high way ... after Ford voided my warranty and blamed me for their defective truck ill ride a jack ass before I buy another ford .. Ford doesn't have mechanics they have parts changers .

hooknline":s537cp47 said:
Highgrit, I got the 6.0 2004. Only have about 2500 in repairs beyond maintenance and repair items

You must not drive it. Mine cost me over $6K when the intercooler went. A year later they wanted another $5K. Bought a new truck and just use the Ford for towing the G/Ns. About 2K miles in the past year. Last Ford I will ever buy.

Dodge went 50K before the front end went. They may be okay for city trucks but they won't take the pasture.

I'm back to a chevy again after going the full circle.

Isomade":18hfv3bl said:
And of course the King Ranch interior.

I step in cow poop regularly. I can't go the carpet or the easter egg paint jobs on the King Ranch.

backhoeboogie":67eg2dtb said:
Isomade":67eg2dtb said:
And of course the King Ranch interior.

I step in cow poop regularly. I can't go the carpet or the easter egg paint jobs on the King Ranch.
I just like the King Ranch leather. Though I would never pay for it. I have cloth.

I've had both, and I prefer cloth.
I tend to slide around on leather more than I like. Cloth holds 'ya in place better. Ford's 40/20/40 cloth seat is very good, IMO. Buy a seat cover when it is new and take it off around 100 k. is a decent plan.

Latest posts