For the Southern Boys

Help Support CattleToday:

hpm08161947

Reaction score
A man in Savannah , Georgia , decided to write a book about churches around the country. He started by flying to Boston , Massachusetts , and started working west from there.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall, and was intrigued with a sign that read, "$10,000 per minute."

Seeking out the pastor, he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that the golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to Heaven, and if he pays the price, he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way.
As he continued to visit churches in New Jersey , Milwaukee , Chicago , Denver , Salt Lake City and around the United States , he found more such phones, with the s ame sign, and the same explanation from each pastor.

Finally, the man arrived in the lovely state of Alabama . Upon
entering a church, behold: he saw the usual golden telephone. But this time, the
sign read: "Calls: 25 cents"!

Fascinated, the man asked to speak with the pastor. "Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone, and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven, and that I could use it to talk to God.... But in 20 other churches, the cost was $10,000 per minute.Your sign says 25 cents per
call.....Why is that?

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied: Son, you're in the South now. It's a local call.

JEEZ :shock: You mean I saved 20 years for just one call :eek:
And I could have just taken a road trip. :oops: :oops:

If the South is Heaven and Alabama is the Heart of Dixie, that means I live right in the center of Paradise. Of this I have no doubt due to the fact that so many of our women can only be described as "angelic". In fact, when I encounter my first angel in glory, I don't believe I will stand in awe because it's the norm around here! 8)

Latest posts