First Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

YoungBlood

Reaction score
I have received my first animal from my fathers herd as a birthday gift. I am now trying to build a herd based of what I can gain on this particular heifer. I hope to receive at least on term from her before I sell. This leads me to the question of the medical aspect. On that note, I need some suggestions, I have heard that Black Leg and Penucilin and those are the only initial vaccinations that are required or are there more that I should consider or are these in the wrong direction all together?

Youngblood

The vaccinations vary a little bit depending on what part of the country you are located in. A good large animal veterinarian is your best resource for this information. I would also buy the vaccinations from your veterinarian.

Penicillin (Penucilin) is not a vacine, it's an antibiotic is only properly used to treat a medical condition, not as a general shot or vaccination.

dun

YoungBlood":1xg2sl8o said:
I have received my first animal from my fathers herd as a birthday gift. I am now trying to build a herd based of what I can gain on this particular heifer. I hope to receive at least on term from her before I sell. This leads me to the question of the medical aspect. On that note, I need some suggestions, I have heard that Black Leg and Penucilin and those are the only initial vaccinations that are required or are there more that I should consider or are these in the wrong direction all together?

Youngblood

Latest posts