First 8 minutes tells the tale.

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook2.0 said:
Bad situation, I doubt it ever hits the national media though

Of course not, people in the cities just want that nicely wrapped steak or hamburger in their shopping cart, or in the restaurants, they have NO IDEA what goes into making it.

Having been in this for years now, not as many as others on here, but enough to know that this is a greatly underappreciated business, like the guy said.

I don't know, but the train that was blown off the tracks looked like it was hauling double stacked sea containers that were empty which would be plenty unstable in a high wind.

ga.prime said:
I don't know, but the train that was blown off the tracks looked like it was hauling double stacked sea containers that were empty which would be plenty unstable in a high wind.
I saw stuff spilling out of the containers, so they weren't (all) empty.

Nesikep said:
ga.prime said:
I didn't see anything. If they were loaded, they would've been much more broken up in my estimation. That train getting blown off the trestle was in New Mexico.

ga.prime said:
Nesikep said:
ga.prime said:
I didn't see anything. If they were loaded, they would've been much more broken up in my estimation. That train getting blown off the trestle was in New Mexico.

That may be something Nesi, can't tell. You know some of those containers they don't even ship back to China anymore? I've seen them advertised for sale after one use.

ga.prime said:
That may be something Nesi, can't tell. You know some of those containers they don't even ship back to China anymore? I've seen them advertised for sale after one use.

Yes, very common for one use. Cheaper to build new in China and ship full rather than send back empty.

Latest posts