Finally getting some rain

Help Support CattleToday:

The atmosphere on this side of the state was too dry and hardly anything hit the ground. We got just over .1" but we're supposed to have a better chance through the night and through Tuesday. We did get about 1.5" on the 4th, but we still could use more. Haying went really well, now we just need the pastures to come back out of it.

fit2btied":gp70p26d said:
The atmosphere on this side of the state was too dry and hardly anything hit the ground. We got just over .1" but we're supposed to have a better chance through the night and through Tuesday. We did get about 1.5" on the 4th, but we still could use more. Haying went really well, now we just need the pastures to come back out of it.

We ended up with 9.55 inches for the day. There's more headed this direction but looks like it's going north of us this time. Maybe you all will get it

dun

Dun

You hogged all the rain. We had .3 overnight. Started breaking at the river. Now just a chance of scattered showers today.

Angus Guy":2gqai1k5 said:
Dun

You hogged all the rain. We had .3 overnight. Started breaking at the river. Now just a chance of scattered showers today.

Talked to a friend of mine in Giarard and he said the same thing, a couple of sprinkles and that was it. But on the 4th he got over an inch that he desparatly needed for the corn. The bad part is that now that it's quit raining here we're still only a week to 10 days away from a drought!

dun

Well up here by Pomme we only got 3.25 over the last 24hr period.
You could have shared about half Dun :)
Bet your ponds like it, I know my creek would have absorbed it and probably not even run

rbell":2oxxj6cb said:
Well up here by Pomme we only got 3.25 over the last 24hr period.
You could have shared about half Dun :)
Bet your ponds like it, I know my creek would have absorbed it and probably not even run

A couple of the ponds went over the spillways last night. That's only the second time I can remember that happening. And they were down bad, came up around 5-6 feet. Today I'll be hauling rock to fill in a couple of erosion spots that are 3 foot deep in a couple of pastures, but at least we got rain.

dun

We haven't had a good rain since May. I talked to the boss' wife last night. 2nd crop hay produced half of what it normally has, and if we don't get rain within the next 10 days the corn is done. Come on guys! Send it our way, please! According to the forecast our chance for rain comes on July 19, and at this point I'm skeptical we'll even get that.

fit2btied":1hggpq7a said:

Same situation up here. Only we got close to an inch yesterday. None on the 4th though. Got another 3/10's last night, but I'm not holding my breath on today's chance. Can't remember the last time we had more than an inch or so at a time. Dun, you're making me jealous.

Latest posts