Feeder Cattle Pricing 2014 vs. 2023

Help Support CattleToday:

Do they require the vaccines be administered by a veterinarian ?
No. I list the vets office I use, but put my info and phone number.
I'm sure some people have their vet fill it out.
Before the sale barn came up with this sheet. I would have my vet come out and give the calves BoviShield Gold OneShot. I would tell her what I gave them the first round and she would write a health paper for all the vet work that had been done.

No. I list the vets office I use, but put my info and phone number.
I'm sure some people have their vet fill it out.
Before the sale barn came up with this sheet. I would have my vet come out and give the calves BoviShield Gold OneShot. I would tell her what I gave them the first round and she would write a health paper for all the vet work that had been done.
(y)

Weaned and vaccinated always brings more here. The 2 sales I go to (Vale and La Grande) don't have a form for you to fill out. You just write down the information and it follows the calves to the ring. I know that Toppenish WA has a form for you to write the info on.

My 8 month bred cow I bought on Thursday had a calf this morning. My wife asked why did you buy a bred cow. I replied she will calf before some of the dry cows in the field. Well she calved before all the ones in the field.

In 2014 I sold steers that weighed 663 lbs avg. for $2.40
This week I sold steers that weighed 668 lbs avg. for $2.04
The difference is that costs for all inputs are much higher now than they were in 2014, feed, fuel, herbicides...
Do you feel the squeeze? How long before we're raising a sub-division of houses instead of cattle?

Latest posts