favorite sides with steak?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ribeye or T-Bone medium rare with baked potato smothered in butter (not margarine), salad with Thousand Islands dressing, crescent rolls and all the sweet iced tea I can drink. That is my FAVORITE meal! ;-)

Nice thick cut homemade sourdough bread...slightly toasted with a hint of garlic butter. Cold milk.
Sweet corn with butter and a touch of salt.
All the things that my cardiologist warns me about.
Dave Mc

P.S. Green things are optional...I eat then if I'm at friends for dinner.

Susie David":2qk6tre9 said:
Nice thick cut homemade sourdough bread...slightly toasted with a hint of garlic butter. Cold milk.
Sweet corn with butter and a touch of salt.
All the things that my cardiologist warns me about.
Dave Mc

P.S. Green things are optional...I eat then if I'm at friends for dinner.

Find a new cardiologist, or just ignore him.

dun

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..funny...
now all this is making me way way too hungry.. I gotta quit reading this post or get more meat out of the freezer....

WELL! Now I gotta go to The Cattlemans Steak House..And it's all YOUR FAULT..They've got fried squash! Fresh greenbeans and new potatos! Real mashed potatoes!! (drool)
I can't cook up to my standreds anymore,and I hateto do dishes!

Good, Au Gratin Potatos are awesome.. They have some great ones at some of the Chicago Steakhouses.. Besides that I grew up with baked potato with Sout Cream or Garlic Mashed depending, salad and sometimes another random vegi.. But I am a big fan of Rare steaks, esp a ribeye, grilled with Salt, Pepper a touc of garlic and drizzled with melted butter while cooking... Yes.. A cardioligists dream but the levels are down right low and I am still youngish..

when we have steak i like to have 2 steaks, 3 rolls ( i love bread) mashed taters with plenty of butter, a plethora of corn and i nice glass of ice water. i like mine so there is just a little bit of pink. ssoo delicious. i dont like to think of myself of fat, just someone with a healthy appitite :D

so driving to school today i seen some water sitting in a ditch and it just popped into my head...theres gonna be a crap load of mushrooms this year. now that sounds good with a good steak. oh and maybe if i have room a bowl of special k. that stuff is ssoo good!

My favorite meal is....
medium rare steak with this yummy cheese sauce (not sure what it is...) and a handfull of grilled shrimp.Garlic Mashed potatoes and steamed vegies. YUM...

on an average 'steak' day I eat a steak with salad, a roll, and some sort of veggies. (when in season, 'garden' potatoes are good...actually, anything outa the garden is good with steak. actually, anything is good with steak...) Now Im hungry..

Steak, what is a steak, we have cattle but haven't had one old enough to eat yet. I get those rarely because the kids are with us and they rarely eat what is bought so we don't get out much.

BBBUUUUTTTT........ on the rare occasion we do get to get out for a meal other than home cooking.....
We eat at our local American Legion. They cook every Friday night, usually marinated for 24 hours, a wonderful ribeye steak with grilled onions, large baked potato, small salad, buttered and grilled Texas toast and topped off with a old fashioned dessert, such as carrot cake or red velvet or banana pudding actually baked in the oven with mirange on it.

BUT WE DON"T EAT NO MUSHROOMS!!!! We don't eat anything that lives in the dark and feeds off ----!

So if any of you are in our neck of the woods on a Friday night we have the best place to recommend.
Could be 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick pork chops or maybe they will add some scewered shrimp that have also been marinated with your steak if you like.

ARE YOU HUNGRY YET?

The best thing to go with a steak is a fine woman. Just find you a good woman and that can cook and have her make you some Squash crocoites or some fresh corn on the cob if she ain't much of a cook. Serve with a little wine and spend the evening in.

Latest posts