favorite sides with steak?

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
I grew up on mashed potatoes and either string beans or peas when steak was served. Now that I'm older I like mashed potatoes and either string beans or peas. :lol:

Walt

i grew up eating steak with a salad and baked potato. and a piece of buttered toast for special occasion.

i also like fat flat french fries with ranch dressing substituted for baked potato.

i also like grilled onion and grilled bell pepper with steak.

i also like 2 steaks instead of one.

I like a side of salad and some steamed vegetables - anything but green beans. I don't like green beans.

and IM with msscamp... but throw in a few home fried potatoes once in a while..

I'm with dun and Bez, who needs sides if there is enough steak?

Curious as to know do you prefer basting sauce on your steak, or just salt & pepper, olive oil, etc?

I like mine rare, with just salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
I like the taste of beef and don't want to taste anything else, but the beef.

T-Bone with baked potato with butter and salt only, salad, baked beans and once again the sweet iced tea. Yum, yum.

Now if it is fried round steak add the mashed potatoes and either green beans or salad.

KNERSIE":3lj821h2 said:
I'm with dun and Bez, who needs sides if there is enough steak?

Curious as to know do you prefer basting sauce on your steak, or just salt & pepper, olive oil, etc?

I like mine rare, with just salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
I like the taste of beef and don't want to taste anything else, but the beef.

Bingo! Except put very, very in front of the rare and skip the pepper, sometimes even skip the salt

dun

MillIronQH":24v600be said:
Sides are just useless filler to make you think you got more then you did.Z
i love this topic.with a 12 or 14 oz serloin or ribbeye i like a loaded baked tater an rolls.with chicken fried steaks like i like mashed taters.im really just meat an taters.

All I want with steak is a big piece of garlic toast. Salad with bleu cheese dressing is good...but I can do without it if I have the garlic toast. Come to think of it, I like salad with bleu cheese dressing and garlic toast by itself. Oh, decisions, decisions...

Alice

I went to a convention in Tucson a few years ago and they took us out to a Steak House, for the life of me I can't remember the name it. But they served all their steaks on a plate of soup beans and a big hunk of home made bread. That was different. I prefer mine with a baked potato with butter only, salad on the side and some that home made bread. Yum! Yum!

Latest posts