Getting your DNA with the COVID-19 swab........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Taking a swab for the virus testing, they get your name, address and ?? so is there anything to prevent the Feds from using the swab for a DNA profile & enter it into their database for future use? I could see this happening...................

If the government wants your DNA, they'll get it and there's not a thing you can do about it. Don't let paranoia prevent you from getting tested.

You see you can get your family history and origins from a dna test. There is some online thing and they tell you your heritage.....but they then have your dna, have a look at who owns that.....

I'm sure they have better things to do than coordinate gathering what amounts to meaningless info from thousands upon thousands of over worked and stressed medical facilities all over the country.
This is really looking for a conspiracy.

Pretty sure you're a few decades late on trying to prevent the government from having your family DNA profile.

Back in 2000 I was in Air Force basic training. I don't recall if we had to sign a form or were simply yelled at informing us our DNA was being taken and we would have to send some written request after leaving the armed forces if we ever wanted our DNA profile retracted. Yeah right, they'd take it out of their system! If we were being told that 20 years ago I'm willing to bet it was happening quite some time prior without anyone being told.

jltrent said:
Taking a swab for the virus testing, they get your name, address and ?? so is there anything to prevent the Feds from using the swab for a DNA profile & enter it into their database for future use? I could see this happening...................

Interesting. Not sure it would be called being paranoid or just more being aware. I wouldn't put anything past the government or anybody.
If your arrest your supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. I just figure everybody is a guilty until proven innocent. 🤡🤣
Maybe the Feds don't necessarily want people's DNA. Somebody somewhere may want it for something. I'm sure it's over my head and yours of what kind of schemes and scandals somebody could have in mind. 🙌🏾😬

Chevy said:
Somebody somewhere may want it for something. I'm sure it's over my head and yours of what kind of schemes and scandals somebody could have in mind. 🙌🏾😬

Every Ancestory or DNA service says in the fine print that your results belong to them. Just imagine when insurance companies buy your results and refuse to give you a health or life insurance policy because you have a gene that might cause a health problem.

WIth a swab of everybody that is tested just think what that data base of DNA would be worth. No doubt if you get swabed it will happen, to much money to lose. GO through the drive-thru and open your mouth for a swab, next.

I have this app that shows all my doctors appointments, bloodwork, test, etc. My gynecologist told me she was giving me a urinary tract infection test. I saw on that app. where she actually did an drug test and STI tests as well. Never once mentioned it to me. I'm not sure if there are laws that let doctor test as they see the need or laws that protect patients from doctors doing this. I figure if they want your DNA they will get it sooner or later.

Chevy said:
I have this app that shows all my doctors appointments, bloodwork, test, etc. My gynecologist told me she was giving me a urinary tract infection test. I saw on that app. where she actually did an drug test and STI tests as well. Never once mentioned it to me. I'm not sure if there are laws that let doctor test as they see the need or laws that protect patients from doctors doing this. I figure if they want your DNA they will get it sooner or later.

Sometimes tests like that are bundled together, so you can't just get the one. You're paying for the time of a doctor and a lab tech already, so the extra test kits only cost pennies. More information doesn't hurt.

Buck Randall said:
Chevy said:

Sometimes tests like that are bundled together, so you can't just get the one. You're paying for the time of a doctor and a lab tech already, so the extra test kits only cost pennies. More information doesn't hurt.

That's good to know. I just feel like she should have mentioned it before doing the tests. Made me feel like she thought I was a drug addict hoe or something. Why else wouldn't she just told me she was going to test for it. 🤨🤔🤡🙌🏾😝

I don't panic about a lot of this stuff, but I am concerned about what CAN be done with it.. not saying it IS, but I'm sure it can easily be subpoenaed

sstterry said:
Every Ancestory or DNA service says in the fine print that your results belong to them. Just imagine when insurance companies buy your results and refuse to give you a health or life insurance policy because you have a gene that might cause a health problem.

You do know health and life insurance companies require prerequisite physicals already, right?

ga.prime said:
sstterry said:

You do know health and life insurance companies require prerequisite physicals already, right?
But a physical does not include genetic testing that would show whether an individual is pre-disposed to some malady or illness that has not yet manifested itself, ie the Bracca gene for breast cancer or the gene that indicates a likelihood of developing prostate cancer.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't include genetic testing. How would you know? I know they get blood samples.

Latest posts