Favorite Hereford Bull, past 20 years

Help Support CattleToday:

Favorite Hereford Bull from past 20 years?

• Remitall Keynote 20X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bar JZ Tradition 434V

• Feltons 517

• Remitall Boomer 46B

• Feltons Domino 774

• Remitall Online 122L

• NJW 1Y Wrangler 19D

• PW Victor Boomer P606

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
leeshy":3g0x131w said:
I don't think george questioned his pedigree. Remember he sold 75J when he was a baby calf. George didn't own him so he didn't want to promote him. At that time George was big in to Advancer 228D. And was very upset when 12H was beaten By Enforcer 107H.
George at the time was afraid of the dwarf gene. He had just got burned by ponderosa because of the dwarf gene and banner had some of the same suspects several generations down.

Herefords.US":4e4f5hbm said:
leeshy":4e4f5hbm said:
I don't think george questioned his pedigree. Remember he sold 75J when he was a baby calf. George didn't own him so he didn't want to promote him. At that time George was big in to Advancer 228D. And was very upset when 12H was beaten By Enforcer 107H.

leeshy, welcome to the CT boards!

Information like this concerning Polled Herefords, from someone who's actually "lived" it, has been what I've been looking for since joining.

I hope you'll stick around and contribute much more.

For instance, I'd like to more about Enforcer 107H.

And what can you tell me about BT CL Domino 15G?

George
well thankyou George I assure you I don't spell well and I can't type. So I hope I don't get yelled at. But if the breed would have stayed with 15G and Enforcer instead of Night Ryder and Race we would all be better off. As for 15G he is probably one of the best bulls Beartooth ever bred. His mother was a line back. Some questioning was made as to how pure he was. There were some problems on his blood type. In my opnion he was a bull ahead of his time. and sometimes wonder about useing him again. Enforcer was probably Justa Banners greatest Son. I mean he had several owners , and remember he cost 1 million dollars but he made money for every owner that ever owned him. I believe he has over 5000 daughters registerd by him. No other bull has that many to my knowlege except his sire who is Justa Banner. We are going to flush a couple of cows to Justa Banner this summer.

I will agree, if we stayed away from Night Ryder, Race, and some of those old Ace Land and Cattle Co. bulls, the breed would have been better off. Now sticking with bulls like 107H, Justa Banner, Dan 530T, Bond, and Keynote, we would have been better off.

I for one, don't like 29F, goes back to Race and his dam wasn't the best uddered cow in the breed either. Some of the udders on 29F daughters were ok, but some were awful.

THG

And I think 15G would be a great bull to go back to and give another try and see how he works out on our todays hereford genetics.

THG

I would like to say that from the poll results, 517 seems to me has led the way for mostly everybody on this board. Since 517 has been voted hands down as the best bull from the past 20 years, what do you think will be the next best bull in the future, as in maybe the next 5 years? What bull will just jump out at us and explode like Online did, but again, Onlin had his faults, but hey, all those bulls on that poll had there ups and down, there isn't one perfect bull in the breed and if you can think of a bull that is perfect in each trait and can also excel in the pasture, you got yourself one darn good bull.

THG

His name will be Epic Stuggles and he will be born East of the Mississippi in the.... Fall of 2010, in september I think, He will have one pigmented eye and no white on his Scrotum... He will be perfect in every epd and his calves will all weigh 72 lbs for heifers and 75 for bulls. No more and no less. and his semen will sell for $15 per unit and certs will be $15 also, because his breeder only wishes for breed improvement and not to get rich. That is my prediction.

Matt, have you tabulated the responses to this poll and compared them with all the other previous polls you've posted for favorite Hereford bull? Has the forum opinion changed in the 3(at least) years you've been taking these polls? Are any bulls coming up stronger or dropping in public opinion over the last 3 years?
If any bulls have markedly changed, + or -, in public opinion, please post those results.

KMacGinley":ppi7b84r said:
His name will be Epic Stuggles and he will be born East of the Mississippi in the.... Fall of 2010, in september I think, He will have one pigmented eye and no white on his Scrotum... He will be perfect in every epd and his calves will all weigh 72 lbs for heifers and 75 for bulls. No more and no less. and his semen will sell for $15 per unit and certs will be $15 also, because his breeder only wishes for breed improvement and not to get rich. That is my prediction.

I'm working on that right now. How did you know? :shock:

Herefords.US":2v5ww8yw said:
For instance, I'd like to more about Enforcer 107H.

George

107H.jpg

Here's the headstone that sits in my paddock.

Grant

Grant , where's U81's rock? I assume your vet clinic is on the old falklands farm or did enforcer die at your clinic?

leeshy":29nzvxo3 said:
I'm not sure you aren't someone I know already Leeshy. Your posts resemble THG's.
BTW George knew as well as anyone that 12H was going to get beat by Enforcer way in advance.

ollie?":1lt4djt7 said:
Grant , where's U81's rock? I assume your vet clinic is on the old falklands farm or did enforcer die at your clinic?

I wish I knew if/where U81's rock was. My grandfather worked for Mr. Falk for 52 years. U81 and 107H were the "big name" bulls when I was growing up. When Mr. Falk had this stone made, I believe he placed it somewhere by the "big house". After awhile it made its way to a small private human cemetary on the farm. When Mrs. Falk sold the farm (after Mr. Falk died) a local church took over the cemetary and didn't want it there. It was in the weeds at the new owner's gift shop for years and I had my eye on it for years. I finally obtained it from the new owners of the farm and "brought it home". It has a lot of sentimental value for me. I didn't have enough "pull" with my wife to put it in her flower beds, but have it in a small lot coming in the driveway. Man, I loved that place.

Grant

Grant I am sure proud that the head stone ended up in your hands. I would be willing to bet that AHA would appreciate the story. This kind of information is priceless. I know it sure impresses me of how and where the stone ended up . Once again my hats off to you.

KMacGinley":25w5he1d said:
Hmm... Good prediction, hope that happens.

THG

I think the bull that has done better than Online is KCF Bennett 3008 M326. Wouldn't you all agree?

THG

Chris H":ompqd6s5 said:
Matt, have you tabulated the responses to this poll and compared them with all the other previous polls you've posted for favorite Hereford bull? Has the forum opinion changed in the 3(at least) years you've been taking these polls? Are any bulls coming up stronger or dropping in public opinion over the last 3 years?
If any bulls have markedly changed, + or -, in public opinion, please post those results.
Chris, you know, I have noticed in the past three years that 517 has dropped in interest to some breeders, that is the only down fall to him. The other bulls on that list are still doing well and holding a great name.

THG

Latest posts