Favorite Hereford Bull, past 20 years

Help Support CattleToday:

Favorite Hereford Bull from past 20 years?

• Remitall Keynote 20X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bar JZ Tradition 434V

• Feltons 517

• Remitall Boomer 46B

• Feltons Domino 774

• Remitall Online 122L

• NJW 1Y Wrangler 19D

• PW Victor Boomer P606

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was referring to when he sold at Denver. Not sure what nation wide has to do with the conversation. So do you know or not?

oakcreekfarms":uk4gukcf said:
Not only does he have a high IMF, but he has retained good REA growth while building upon those high marbling genetics. Something that other sires have had a problem doing. He also has maintained a decent BW while developing a very adequate spread. Since his average frame score is right at a frame 6 his calves carry more meat in a smaller package than online might offer. He is by far the better commercial bull producer. Does everyone know who the runner up bidder on ONline was?
Runner up bidder was Kevin sholtz. Wooden Shoe bid 90,000 then Kevin bid 90,000 and then MSU bid 92,000. But I herd somebody was putting up the money for MSU but I don't know that for sure.

leeshy":1iifgral said:
oakcreekfarms":1iifgral said:
Not only does he have a high IMF, but he has retained good REA growth while building upon those high marbling genetics. Something that other sires have had a problem doing. He also has maintained a decent BW while developing a very adequate spread. Since his average frame score is right at a frame 6 his calves carry more meat in a smaller package than online might offer. He is by far the better commercial bull producer. Does everyone know who the runner up bidder on ONline was?
Runner up bidder was Kevin sholtz. Wooden Shoe bid 90,000 then Kevin bid 90,000 and then MSU bid 92,000. But I herd somebody was putting up the money for MSU but I don't know that for sure.
Kevin bid 91,000

I didn't know the exact amount that was bid, that really isn't the point. I just thought it was interesting.

oakcreekfarms":31jyknk5 said:
I was referring to when he sold at Denver. Not sure what nation wide has to do with the conversation. So do you know or not?
If you refering to Online. He never did sell in Denver. He did sell at private treaty to Ankony and then Star lake bought Ankony out.

Brandonm2":1vfbuuri said:
leeshy":1vfbuuri said:
I think you would have to consider WSF PRL JUSTA BANNER. With out him most of the bulls on your list would not exsist. Not only is he the sire to four one million dollar sons but has as many daughters registered to him as any. I think over 5000.

If we had, it would not have been a fair contest since he would have won a popular vote hands down. I think THG wanted to limit this more or less to bloodlines that are current. Really Keynote (an 88 model) is getting a little long in the tooth for this discussion; but these are all bulls of the last 20 years (and honestly THG only remembers half of that).
Brandonm2, that isn't true. I only remember about 7 years of that. But you were close.

THG

I don't know why I thought denver, I knew that wasn't right. Sorry for the wrong information.

THG":15tuk0l9 said:
In the past 20 years, the Hereford breed has seen some great hereford sires grace our pastures across America and Canada.

Here are a few bulls to choose from. Once you vote, please explain why you chose the Hereford bull you chose.

This should be interesting!

What is going on THG? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Note that 517, 20X are first and second with a three way tie for third with emphasis on polled.

You were right. It was very interesting.

HerefordSire":3o1avfr8 said:
THG":3o1avfr8 said:
In the past 20 years, the Hereford breed has seen some great hereford sires grace our pastures across America and Canada.

Here are a few bulls to choose from. Once you vote, please explain why you chose the Hereford bull you chose.

This should be interesting!

What is going on THG? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Note that 517, 20X are first and second with a three way tie for third with emphasis on polled.

You were right. It was very interesting.

Very, very little eye pigment on those bulls also.

alexfarms":7pahtgpr said:
HerefordSire":7pahtgpr said:
alexfarms":7pahtgpr said:
Very, very little eye pigment on those bulls also.

Of the ones listed, which one had the most pigment?
Probably p606 or 434v. I don't think 20x or 517 had hardly any eye pigment.

You should start a horned thread with the same number of bulls and the same question.

HerefordSire":1dquc2pd said:
You should start a horned thread with the same number of bulls and the same question.

Why dont you do that with 8020, Neon,Pure Gold and some others that I cant think of right now.

I'm not sure why, but I just read all 12 pages :?:
and I still think this is a 8) pic.

107H.jpg

Latest posts