• Simmental X Angus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Limousin X Angus

• None of the Above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of the ones on the poll I would have to go with the Hereford*Angus cross.BUT my favorite is anything with Brahman n it.

RE: Mongrelization? I ain't sure if your talking about cows or my wife's family.

Well if your close to Baldwin MS or Tupalo we might have the same Problem.

I have lots of XXXX to bar.

[Well if your close to Baldwin MS or Tupalo we might have the same Problem.

I have lots of XXXX to bar.te]

We're way down in the SE part of the state but they might come from the same bunch.

Well I got full Beefmaster Cows bred to Reg Red & Black Angus Bulls.
That I kept the Hieffers and I am breeding back to a new Reg Char Bull!!!
Haven't thought of a name for um.
Right now but thats my favorite X.
Will have first calves dropping this Feb, will have to see the results come spring. How these Mongrels shape up. :cboy:
Thinking bout calling um Mississippi Mud Crackers

ROCK-N-W":sy8aybr0 said:
Mongrelization :roll:

aint that how we ended up with black cattle...lumped all the breeds colors together til we got a mix of everything. dump all yer paint in a pot and wahtta ya got...black

you aint from mississippi fella. maybe you could call em pasture porpise or turf dolphins or something.

did ya get any web feet on em yet. ??? more liquid humidity comin....

did ya get any web feet on em yet. ??? more liquid humidity comin....
Diesel
Don't put your shutters up Black Iris ain't turned white yet that means no direct hit from the storm.
Gonna go practice with the bow shooting alligator gars swimming in the pasture. Don't know whats worse flooding or draught been thru both lately, bottom line cows still got nutten to eat.

you aint from mississippi fella. maybe you could call em pasture porpise or turf dolphins or something.

Diesel
I'm not calling you slow butt:
The reference to Mississippi Mud is the color they will drop. A muddy grey like the river and the Cracker is in reference to being Florida Crackers (Get It? Geeeeeeeeeeeeez) :shock:
I fiqured you guys would be all over that cross, hoping its the one puts me over that 500lb weaning weight, with low birth epds. My average on the Angus X Beefmaster has been 478lbs@ weening.. All my BeefMaster cows all go over 1300+ up to had one weigh 1778 lbs. But the Angus X Beefmaster Cows are closer to what I want to manage at average 1200 lbs. Throwing that Char bull on um with a weening weight of 536 lbs and a high epd birthing number might just be the ticket.

I am new here, but I like the brimmer cross for moma cows. We have used herford bulls on brahman cows for the F-1's. They make good momas. This year we will be using a Simangus bull on brahman cows. I will post a picture sometime. I really like this site, it is both informative and comical.

I am new here, but I like the brimmer cross for moma cows. We have used herford bulls on brahman cows for the F-1's. They make good momas. This year we will be using a Simangus bull on brahman cows. I will post a picture sometime. I really like this site, it is both informative and comical.
Totally agree glad to be accommodative.
Would like to see a picture.
Think Ear size might come in to play?

ROCK-N-W":1oko6dqa said:

Diesel
I'm not calling you slow butt:
The reference to Mississippi Mud is the color they will drop. A muddy grey like the river and the Cracker is in reference to being Florida Crackers (Get It? Geeeeeeeeeeeeez) :shock:
I fiqured you guys would be all over that cross, hoping its the one puts me over that 500lb weaning weight, with low birth epds. My average on the Angus X Beefmaster has been 478lbs@ weening.. All my BeefMaster cows all go over 1300+ up to had one weigh 1778 lbs. But the Angus X Beefmaster Cows are closer to what I want to manage at average 1200 lbs. Throwing that Char bull on um with a weening weight of 536 lbs and a high epd birthing number might just be the ticket.
you want high weaning weights put a charolais on some simbrah momas

Gonna have to use what I got for now not many Simbrah round here.
Hows the draught? I know exactly what you meant when I heard you say if anything looks at you wrong thier gone, been there.
Lots of my calves do go over that 500 lbs but the average for the year was 478. In Feb the first calves will drop from this Char Bull most of the cows are 3/4 or better Angus now.
Still might get a throw back from the Beefmaster side though ya never know till it drops.
I think it will make for a nice cross. Its been a long road but I keep plugging getting theres half the fun of it..

ROCK-N-W":19bn0m34 said:

Gonna have to use what I got for now not many Simbrah round here.
Hows the draught? I know exactly what you meant when I heard you say if anything looks at you wrong thier gone, been there.
Lots of my calves do go over that 500 lbs but the average for the year was 478. In Feb the first calves will drop from this Char Bull most of the cows are 3/4 or better Angus now.
Still might get a throw back from the Beefmaster side though ya never know till it drops.
I think it will make for a nice cross. Its been a long road but I keep plugging getting theres half the fun of it..
had a few rains but aint made a dent. tried to stockpile some too put me though the first of the year. got very little growth but it could be worse

Something with ear. What a skewed poll. Typical angus ploy. No wonder over half voted none of the above. Same old same old

Latest posts