• Simmental X Angus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Limousin X Angus

• None of the Above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry but I can't help it. Favorite cross for what? Favorite cross for momma cows? Favorite terminal cross? What if you want to do a three way cross? The people in the know say a 3 way cross maximizes heterosis. My favorite 3 way cross would be Herford x Brangus cows using a Char bull for a terminal cross. If I wasn't in the south Hereford x Angus cows would do. Disclaimer: This is all opinion based on reading.

Walt

Third Row":1mx6702b said:
I don't know what it is but I have a sneaky feeling that the original poster lives up North.
Well, I love south of the Mason Dixon line. Does that tell you anything about my location?

THG

Txwalt":1rbzqvbo said:
Sorry but I can't help it. Favorite cross for what? Favorite cross for momma cows? Favorite terminal cross? What if you want to do a three way cross? The people in the know say a 3 way cross maximizes heterosis. My favorite 3 way cross would be Herford x Brangus cows using a Char bull for a terminal cross. If I wasn't in the south Hereford x Angus cows would do. Disclaimer: This is all opinion based on reading.

Walt
What is your favorite beef cross among the above listed? Understand?

THG

THG":294x1eb1 said:
Third Row":294x1eb1 said:
I don't know what it is but I have a sneaky feeling that the original poster lives up North.
Well, I love south of the Mason Dixon line. Does that tell you anything about my location?

THG

In my younger days where I "loved" had nothing to do with where I was residing at the time.

dun":r5gdfj82 said:
THG":r5gdfj82 said:
Third Row":r5gdfj82 said:

THG

In my younger days where I "loved" had nothing to do with where I was residing at the time.

That's quite funny, but I think Hill actually meant "live" and not "love". Not sure whether all keyboards are standard, but at least on mine the i and the o is right next to each other.

That was a fair enough question so lets try to anwser it for THG. For momma cows I choose Hereford X Angus, very hard to beat anywhere you live (love).

Looks like a lot of you all don't care for those crosses. So, what crosses do you that voted Non of the Above, prefer? Some of you are Brangus breeders and some of you are Longhorn breeders. So, what is your preferred cross?

THG

As was posted earlier, for what purpose? Terminal cross, maternal;cross, rototerminal cross, or just for the sake of crossing?

ALACOWMAN":3bp1otao said:
this question get's ask a few times a year . but my personal favorite ...not what i raise now is....bra/herf F1 moma. simmi bull

Those bra/herf cows ring the bell at the sale barns around here. There are sure a lot of brindled pastures cropping up too. Sombody is dropping a lot of nickels on them.

I'm not talking about the Civil War, I'm talking about the fact that you left out the most popular crosses in the South.

Third Row":1nxcxe8g said:

I'm not talking about the Civil War, I'm talking about the fact that you left out the most popular crosses in the South.

Third Row, Most of us are with you on this. I am getting a kick out of the "none of the above" percentage.

backhoeboogie":1stm0wbi said:
Third Row":1stm0wbi said:

Third Row, Most of us are with you on this. I am getting a kick out of the "none of the above" percentage.
now those herf/angus baldies are hard to beat in the upper south and above. and don't count those simangus out .

Latest posts