Favorite Chewing Tobacco or Dip

Help Support CattleToday:

I sure appreciate the well wishes and prayers. The only reason I said anything was because I saw the thread and thought I may inspire someone else to quit and maybe it would change their life. Hopefully it will and Tux I hope it's your son. The thing I have learned this last week is I have to take it one day at a time, and quit every day. Anybody who wants to help hold me accountable feel free. As a matter of fact I'm gonna start a thread and post every day promising not to have nicotine for that day, anyone else who wants can join me. If I'm not held accountable, I know I won't make it. I've failed too many times in the past. And I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, To get it back on topic I have had a love affair with Copenhagen Snuff for 22 years, in recent years I have used Husky Fine Cut Natural. It's as close to Cooe as you'll find.

dun":p5ppw29d said:
Back when I chewed it was Brown's Mule for me. Don't even know if it's still made or not. Seems like plug went out of favor about the time leaf got popular.

I liked a twist called Mammoth Cave for a while. It was nasty enough that I eventually got over it.

john250":1lht4192 said:
I liked a twist called Mammoth Cave for a while. It was nasty enough that I eventually got over it.
That's some of the most heinous chaw ever invented!

3waycross":34o4g1bs said:
bigbull338":34o4g1bs said:
pd thats the kicker i wont diet.might cut back a lil but thats it.an im bald to boot lolol

but do you still have your tooth? :mrgreen:
the only teeth i have left are my bottom teeth.the uoppers were pulledawhile back.as that was due to drinking a gal of gatorade a day.

My husband dipped snuff when he was a young man until he was in his forties. The cancer appeared about 8 years after he quit. Or maybe I should say that it became noticeable. It started as a small sore on his upper lip, like a cold sore. It would come and go. Then it it stayed and became larger. Then one appeared on his lower lip. It was slow growing and malignant and the doctor had to remove an inch of his lower lip to get clear margins. The upper lip only had 5/8s inch removed.

If you chew or dip. Please quit now. Save the money that you would spend on it for a rainy day.

Chew cigars all day long. And yes, I have had tw o posts and four teeth put. In place at a cost of about forty five hundred dollars. Tried a seasoned pipe with no tobacco in it, works a little. Skoal mixed with a little weed kept me going through college in the early seventies. The funny part is it cost me a lot less then than my cohibas do now.

My cousin tried to get to me when I was young ~ 5 yrs old with Levi Garret. I chewed a small wad the whole way home, drooling and spitting. Never got sick like they thought I would. But then they told my mama! :hide:

I got into in high school a little, driving the tractor and such. A buddy had a plug of something that the mail order place messed up on. He told me it was way too strong for him, but I tried it anyway. In 10 minutes, I never felt so drunk in my life. The world was just spinning. Never threw up but felt like I was going to. From that point forward, if I tried anything with nicotine, there was an instant unpleasant reaction where I made up for the number of times I was unable to vomit that night.

Talked to him a month ago and he brought it up and was still laughing about it. The older I get, the happier I am he cured me.

Isomade":2ljkcly0 said:
I'm 35 years old, and I have a beautiful wife and 3 small children. Last week after an extended period of not feeling well my Doc, looked in my mouth. He said and I quote "oh, crap". I've dipped a can a day of Copenhagen for 20 years. Now I get to wait a week on the results, while I look at my family and say what have I done? Since my return to CT I haven't been myself, between the worry, and quitting dip, I'm irritable, and I'd rather take it out on you meat heads than my children. Don't forget you are always just one pinch, or pouch away from a $5 a day habit that could cost you and your family more than you could imagine. A member on here tried his dangdest to get me to quit 4 years ago. I'd give anything if I'd have listened.

Iso, you are on the right track, do it for your wife and kids, all of them need you. I will be praying for you and your family!

Latest posts