Favorite Chewing Tobacco or Dip

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I do not dip on a regular basis but only when on the tractor for long periods of time.. My friend gave me a can of this and man this stuff is good I love it has anyone else tried this? What is everyone who still does tobacco and dips favorite to use?

That stuff I posted a pic of has a citrus flavor to it thats great and i put 2 pouches in while on the tractor and I had to stop the tractor and get myself together.

M5farm":17sy7ii7 said:
Jogeephus":17sy7ii7 said:
On those rare occasions its Bull of the Woods for me.
and let me guess when you smoke its Picayune cigarettes

Nah, after my latest find I've been rolling my own and gorging on Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Cheetos. ;-) :lol2: :lol2:

When I do, I chew Beechnut. Generally just during elk season because I will spit and slobber all over the place so I need to be outside when chewing.

skyhightree1":1671ej1x said:
M5farm":1671ej1x said:
started on copenhagen been using grizzly snuff for years because its cheaper.

That is some strong stuff.

yep- so stong that the habit/addiction is hard to break. I have been trying for years to kick it. I used to dip a can a day now a can will last 3 to 4 days. and I don't spit.

Got me a dip of my grandmothers old dry "Sweet Garrett Snuff" about 50 years ago and that was my one and only experience with snuff of any kind. (Where is the puke emoticon"?

I have been using Skoal ever since I was 15 years old... more than 35 years ago! It is not a habit that I am proud of... but it is a very strong habit.

I am one of those people that you wouldn't even know I was chewing... I don't make it visible in my lip and I very rarely even spit. I have always maintained that there are a lot worse habits out there and this is truly one of my only nasty vices!!

My advise to the youngsters... Don't even start!!

I'm 35 years old, and I have a beautiful wife and 3 small children. Last week after an extended period of not feeling well my Doc, looked in my mouth. He said and I quote "oh, crap". I've dipped a can a day of Copenhagen for 20 years. Now I get to wait a week on the results, while I look at my family and say what have I done? Since my return to CT I haven't been myself, between the worry, and quitting dip, I'm irritable, and I'd rather take it out on you meat heads than my children. Don't forget you are always just one pinch, or pouch away from a $5 a day habit that could cost you and your family more than you could imagine. A member on here tried his dangdest to get me to quit 4 years ago. I'd give anything if I'd have listened.

M5farm":3vbhrr89 said:
skyhightree1":3vbhrr89 said:
M5farm":3vbhrr89 said:
started on copenhagen been using grizzly snuff for years because its cheaper.

That is some strong stuff.

yep- so stong that the habit/addiction is hard to break. I have been trying for years to kick it. I used to dip a can a day now a can will last 3 to 4 days. and I don't spit.

You don't spit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You have a stomach of steel !!!!

Isomade":c5p18c1g said:
I'm 35 years old, and I have a beautiful wife and 3 small children. Last week after an extended period of not feeling well my Doc, looked in my mouth. He said and I quote "oh, crap". I've dipped a can a day of Copenhagen for 20 years. Now I get to wait a week on the results, while I look at my family and say what have I done? Since my return to CT I haven't been myself, between the worry, and quitting dip, I'm irritable, and I'd rather take it out on you meat heads than my children. Don't forget you are always just one pinch, or pouch away from a $5 a day habit that could cost you and your family more than you could imagine. A member on here tried his dangdest to get me to quit 4 years ago. I'd give anything if I'd have listened.

Sorry to hear that and I hope everything comes back good for you.

Isomade":r8feloy5 said:
Iso, sorry to hear that! Yes, this is one my biggest fears as well... Hope everything turns out well for you!!

Isomade":1gld8pq2 said:
hope it turns out ok for you

i dipped snuff chewed tobbacco an chewed cigars for 20yrs before i quit cold turkey 11yrs ago.i dipped the hard stuff copenhagen for all 20yrs.chew all kinds of tobbacco.fred stoker has some good tobbacco.swisher sweets are good chewing cigars.i dipped a can a day or more of copenhagen.my dad thought he could break me from dipping if i tryed his copenhagen wrong i loved that snuff.an if you got the good stuff it would burn your mouth.

Isomade":2ba4psv4 said:

Went through something similar about 10 years ago. I can tell you for a fact that quitting Skoal was the hardest thing i have ever done. My wife did not know i was trying to quit and she thought i was losing my mind.

I too used Smokey Mountain and mixed it with Skoal until there was only 10% Skoal and 90% Smokey Mtn. Then i just went to straight Smokey Mtn for a few months and quit.

Tim I wish you the best and will be praying for a good outcome for you.

For anyone else on here who is chewing and isn't wanting to quit for me it came down to, is this the day I tell my wife and kids i have cancer because i am not strong enuf to quit. I finally reached the point where i couldn't ignore it any longer and quit!

I only do maybe 1 can a year which isnt good but typically i use it while on tractor for long periods of time only .. I typically do not dip I have tried many but nothing has hit me and said I have to use this everyday or all the time.

Latest posts