Favorite Chewing Tobacco or Dip

Help Support CattleToday:

not that i recommend chewing, but one thing i did when chewing levi was never put it in the same place every time... we got a customer that buys the big bags and packs it in his jaw like a squirrel you can see his jaw sticking way out when his walking away from you

skyhightree1":1drnr2y7 said:
I only do maybe 1 can a year which isnt good but typically i use it while on tractor for long periods of time only .. I typically do not dip I have tried many but nothing has hit me and said I have to use this everyday or all the time.
knew a old lady that dipped bruton and shes said '''its company to me''

Back when I chewed it was Brown's Mule for me. Don't even know if it's still made or not. Seems like plug went out of favor about the time leaf got popular.

Started on Happy Day's now we will find out who the old codger's on here are as they will know what it is.
Swiched to skoal somewhere along the journey and know I dip Wolf.

like every thing else if it taste good spit it out,, it cant be good for you.. i see folks with C.O.P.D that are fighting for every bit of air they can get, with a cig hanging from their mouth

Back in the powder snuff days you could tell who was level headed if both corners of their mouth had juice on it.

I dipped Copenhagen Snuff for about 10 years and quit 8-9 years ago. I may have a had 2 cans since.

I tell people and they look at me like I'm crazy that it's as hard or harder than them cancer sticks.

Now if I could just quite eating like a ravenous wolf and drinking like a fish.

COLOR ME FARM BOY TOO..
chewing since a teen ager
Like Dun it was Browns Mule or Bloodhound for me....
had a chaw in most of the day....
also smoked marlboros for years when I could not chew....
late 90's I noticed spots in my mouth....quit the chew....
giving up the chew was a bear...but I kept smoking increased even
this is a no smoking building....so I quit when I came to work here September 1 1999....
did not miss the marlboros at all.....
now as I approach 65 I am beginning to loose teeth...had two pulled at one time about six months ago....not enough gum left to save em....and when the cavaties started it just debilitated the tooth.

like others have said....if you are a young one....don't ever start....

but it is never too late to quit....and quitting is a lot easier than some of the alternatives.....but we all make choices in our lives and the strong deal with the results of those choices....

Isomade....I am confident you will be okay....stay strong my friend....

quiting dipping smoking or chewing has a downside.you gain weight.when i quit dipping i was at 175 or 180 now im at 225 or 230lbs.thats about a 60lb weight gain.

bigbull338":2vfhkidf said:
quiting dipping smoking or chewing has a downside.you gain weight.when i quit dipping i was at 175 or 180 now im at 225 or 230lbs.thats about a 60lb weight gain.

you are fat...
I am ugly...
you can diet....

yeah I gained some weight too...
didn't make me any prettier....

pd thats the kicker i wont diet.might cut back a lil but thats it.an im bald to boot lolol

bigbull338":33fl4t7r said:
pd thats the kicker i wont diet.might cut back a lil but thats it.an im bald to boot lolol

but do you still have your tooth? :mrgreen:

Caustic Burno":3shcl6hv said:
Started on Happy Day's now we will find out who the old codger's on here are as they will know what it is.
Swiched to skoal somewhere along the journey and know I dip Wolf.

I guess I now officially qualify as an old codger because I remember Happy Days. I also remember when Walt Garrison was the ad-man for Skoal, Coppenhagen, and Happy Days Mint.

Times sure have changed haven't they?

I was a big Levi Garrett and Red Man fan back in the day but I haven't touched the stuff in almost 30 years. I don't think I was ever was addicted but I did enjoy chewing quite a lot in my teens early 20s.

Iso, I will be praying for you like the other guys and gals on here and I took the liberty of sharing your post with my 21 year old son. He's into Skoal something fierce and won't listen to his old pop about quitting but maybe he'll get something out of what you wrote.

Good luck.

i was about 12 when I had my first chew. I remember it like yesterday. I bought a plug of bull of the woods and when I got home My daddy asked what was in my mouth. I spit a long stream and said chewing tobbaco. he asked to see it and I handed him my plug he unwrapped it and handed it back and he said put it all in your mouth and chew and if you spit i'm gonna blister your .ass. I turned 50 shades of green that day and puked. after I thought I was over it he still beat my .ass. I didn't touch it again until 15 or 16 and on the highschool baseball team had someone Hawkin wintergreen and was hooked from then on. I have quit cold turkey a few times but always got drawn back in . I think they had crack in it in the 80's. Like I said before I use a can every 3 or 4 days small dips that I keep in for a long time. I will beat it one day.

I started at 16. We couldn't smoke at the Sale barn so we all chewed............stupid! :frowns:

Isomade":25yp1lsw said:
I'm 35 years old, and I have a beautiful wife and 3 small children. Last week after an extended period of not feeling well my Doc, looked in my mouth. He said and I quote "oh, crap". I've dipped a can a day of Copenhagen for 20 years. Now I get to wait a week on the results, while I look at my family and say what have I done? Since my return to CT I haven't been myself, between the worry, and quitting dip, I'm irritable, and I'd rather take it out on you meat heads than my children. Don't forget you are always just one pinch, or pouch away from a $5 a day habit that could cost you and your family more than you could imagine. A member on here tried his dangdest to get me to quit 4 years ago. I'd give anything if I'd have listened.

I dip 1+ cans of copenhagen a day and have for as long as I can remember
I have tried to quit but just always go back to it
I hope the test come back ok and you continue to be snuff free
Now I have quit

Isomade":6oh8vunc said:
I'm 35 years old, and I have a beautiful wife and 3 small children. Last week after an extended period of not feeling well my Doc, looked in my mouth. He said and I quote "oh, crap". I've dipped a can a day of Copenhagen for 20 years. Now I get to wait a week on the results, while I look at my family and say what have I done? Since my return to CT I haven't been myself, between the worry, and quitting dip, I'm irritable, and I'd rather take it out on you meat heads than my children. Don't forget you are always just one pinch, or pouch away from a $5 a day habit that could cost you and your family more than you could imagine. A member on here tried his dangdest to get me to quit 4 years ago. I'd give anything if I'd have listened.

You have my prayers my friend. :tiphat:

I chewed Copenhagen for a few years as a teenager and walked away with no problem. After that I can't stand the smell of olives or fresh Copenhagen. :???: I went for about ten years and then the guy that I buy fuel from started carrying golden blend red man and I started again and it turned back into an every day deal. I quit again here a while back when hook and I had a deal going (I was supposed to quit drinking but that didn't happen :roll: Consolation prize was giving up chew again). I have to admit that I've bought two bags in the last six months and enjoyed the crap out of them but when I start wanting some at the same point in my day then it's time to go without for a while.

Latest posts