Fast test of wash pen (extra milk)

Help Support CattleToday:

Domjan

Reaction score
My observation is: the suitable wash pen increases milk yields by a special regularity (maximum of extra milk is about 15%). Israeli (28/03/2007) and American (04/04/2007) experts informed me there is not any study on wash pen in Israel, USA. I am the one who have examined the effects of wash pen (I have observed it on three Israeli dairy farms and one European farm).

I am sure that the test is much needed; the test is your interest:
1., If you demonstrate "decrease" then you should terminate your wash pen system. Everybody knows that the common theory (premilking preparation) does not accept the wash pen, but nobody else knows the effects of wash pen. Its cognition is your interest.
2., If you demonstrate "increase" then should improve your system in order to achieve even more extra milk, fat, profit. It is your interest. I am ready to help you free of charge.

If you don't have enough time and/or you don't believe in this idea then you could verify my idea with little work:

Approval process will take only about 30 minutes

The steps:
1., You have to record the milking data of the first two milking groups at a given milking (e.g. midday milking). It takes about 5-6 minutes (it includes waiting time too).
2., After 25-30 minutes you have to record the milking data of two actual/current milking groups. This takes about 7-8 minutes (it includes waiting time too).
3., You have to repeat it (1st and 2nd steps) at least 1-2 times.
4., The calculating averages takes about 2 minutes. You have to compare the averages.

Total time is: 26-30 minutes.
If there will be significant difference then my thesis is right.
See it to believe it!

The example:
Wash pen: 11:55-12:00
The first data recording: 12:10-12:16 Average of yields is equal to 20 kg.
The second data recording: 12:30-12:38 Average of yields is equal to 23 kg.

The ratio is: 23/20=115%

If your dairy management software is able to list the yields of cows by milking times ("cow entry time") then approval process will take only about 2 minutes.

Its details/description/evidences:
http://www.goodforecast.com/newmilkingsystem.pps

The observations:
1990: Israel
1991: Europe
1992 Israel
1998: Israel
2007: USA?? It depends on your decision/interest.
Be the second observer, the first in US and I will publish your name. Be the ideal for other dairy managers, "the best manager is always interested in test of profit-maker ideas". "15% extra milk for 2 (26-30) minutes test." I was ready to spend weeks to observe the wash pen.

I shared my profit-maker idea/results with you free of charge; please share your results with me/other dairy farmers free of charge.

I informed the dairy equipment manufacturers and universities/experts about my discovery and I hope that they also will service the interest of dairy farmers by their test.
1., If a given company demonstrates "decrease" then it has to warn every similar dairy farm (which has wash pen).
2., If a given company demonstrates "increase" then it has to improve yields of every other dairy farm (which has not wash pen but it would be possible) by Domjan's idea.

Company name & Date of sending presentation
Afimilk (17/12/2006)
Dairymaster (26/01/2007)
DeLaval (06/02/2007)
Fullwood (07/02/2007, but without presentation)
WestfaliaSurge (02/03/2007)
BouMatic (02/03/2007)
Lely (21/03/2007)

Question/Comments welcomed!

If you have any question/comment about this idea then please send it in a private message.
I don't check this thread/topic every week.
Thanks.

Latest posts