Ever seen this mastitis test?

Help Support CattleToday:

What's the quickest fix for early onset mastitis? Had somebody hit me up a while back about a cow with it and I really couldn't give more than the most basic advice because I've never had it personally happen.

I used the old CMT paddle and fluid when I was milking 20 years ago. don't know much about this test, but was pretty accurate with the CMT test matching tested somatic cell results. based on info on the web site, I would be skeptical about using it. It says nothing about color change based on somatic cell counts which is what dairies base their premium payments on. also not all mastitis problems have flakes or clots. I agree with @farmerjan that Dr. Naylor has been around a long time and I have used many or their products with generally good results, but Dr. Naylor, like most other companies, are probably run by completely new management with different goals than original management. If you try them, keep us update. hope they work well for you if you try.

What's the quickest fix for early onset mastitis? Had somebody hit me up a while back about a cow with it and I really couldn't give more than the most basic advice because I've never had it personally happen.
no easy answer for mastitis problems. too many different types and no one treatment for all.

I used the CMT test too, every pre milk. It seems like this is a quicker squirt test that would alert the need for further investigation.