Farm sanctuary won't give up two cows that wondered on their property back to the rightful owner.

Help Support CattleToday:

The cattle (2 cows?) were missing for 9-10 days and the 'alleged' owner Gregson never contacted law enforcement to report any stolen or missing cattle, even though he alleges the cattle probably couldn't have gotten out on their own.
Gregson has not produced any proof of ownership for law enforcement to assist in recovering 'stolen' property.

My guess is Gregson's a lax and somewhat irresponsible owner and Murphy is a dick.

My guess is Gregson's a lax and somewhat irresponsible owner and Murphy is a dick.
At best. At worst, one's a fool and one's a thief. But Murphy flat out says the cows aren't hers and her hands allege that she removed tags. Never underestimate how far some of these "activists" will go if they think they're morally elevated.

The cattle (2 cows?) were missing for 9-10 days and the 'alleged' owner Gregson never contacted law enforcement to report any stolen or missing cattle, even though he alleges the cattle probably couldn't have gotten out on their own.
Gregson has not produced any proof of ownership for law enforcement to assist in recovering 'stolen' property.

Greyson the owner is actually a New York State Trooper in his day job.

Sounds like it's time to get the branding irons back out so there is no question in the future who the cattle belong to.
I always wondered why no one in the east brands anymore. we don't have really any open range. It might be a reason to start doing it again with all the PETA animal hoarders popping up.

So she says he doesn't have proof he's the rightful owner, but wants to present him with a bill and try to buy them from him. $100 per day per head to board two cows.

So how would anyone expect him to prove ownership? She removed the tags, which would be the closest thing to proof he could offer.

So she says he doesn't have proof he's the rightful owner, but wants to present him with a bill and try to buy them from him. $100 per day per head to board two cows.
Where did you find that info?
She asked if she could buy them from him.
He said, gimmie the cows and then we can talk price.... or words to that effect,
but he doesn't have proof that they are his cows to sell.

p.s.
I doubt they're 'cows' as one is named Ishmael.

Last edited:
There's got to be some kind of substantial evidence or the law wouldn't be burning up so much time on it, there's been shootings cleared quicker.
There must be No evidence or it would've been quickly resolved.
Gregson never said he had any cattle missing until after SPCA contacted him after 8-9 days to ask.... then it's, yes they are mine and appears he never made any effort to contact neighbors to ask if they saw his cows or contact le to report stolen cattle.

Doesn't appear the law is burning any time on it because it appears they've determined it is a civil matter and not a criminal matter.

Last edited:

Latest posts