Farm / Estimate truck transmission

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
It is with deep regret that I inform everyone that my 94 ford ranger after 411,000 miles the transmission has been called home to the great Transmission heaven . I will be replacing the transmission this weekend I already started the breakdown. My mechanic is busy fixing my other broken stuff so this project is all mine. I can pull the transmission and change the clutch and put back together in 2 hours as I have changed the clutches in rangers many times.

I envy you guys that can work on things. I can't do to much on machinery. What few times I've tried, I had to hire a mechanic to put it back together.

Bigfoot I learned because I had no money to fix my stuff when I was starting out. I took apart my tiller I bought 2nd hand when first started out 2001 had to pay someone to put it back together lol

Bigfoot":2cs83p8c said:
I envy you guys that can work on things. I can't do to much on machinery. What few times I've tried, I had to hire a mechanic to put it back together.
sometimes its a gift sometimes a curse.
just yesterday my neighbor showed up about dark with a bleeder valve off of his pump. He was out of water and evrything had already closed for parts. he need a long stem valve stem remover. couldn't find one so I took a cotter pin and fashioned a small gap clamped on some vice grips amd screwed it out. I have been taking things apart and "fixin" them since I was a child. I get visitors almost weekly that have mechanical problem that they can't fix.

M5farm":jmwtyr62 said:
Bigfoot":jmwtyr62 said:
just yesterday my neighbor showed up about dark with a bleeder valve off of his pump. He was out of water and evrything had already closed for parts. he need a long stem valve stem remover. couldn't find one so I took a cotter pin and fashioned a small gap clamped on some vice grips amd screwed it out. I have been taking things apart and "fixin" them since I was a child. I get visitors almost weekly that have mechanical problem that they can't fix.

I'm going to try to remember that one, thanks.

M5farm":2a9f13nu said:
Bigfoot":2a9f13nu said:

I am sure it gets tiresome. But,,,

It is better to be needed that not..
It is better to have others in your debt than to be in the debt of others...
Gratitude is money in the bank.

I said all that cause I can't fix much, and often need the help of others, but I pay my debts with generous interest... so :tiphat: to those gifted mechanics among us.

Through the years I learned to fix a lot of different things usually from loaning it to someone and having it come back broke (and not being told it was broken) also learned who not to loan anything to. One guy I loaned something to that there was no way he could break it, (a pasture roller) he managed to tear the bearings out of it.

dun":1wqqx7q6 said:
Through the years I learned to fix a lot of different things usually from loaning it to someone and having it come back broke (and not being told it was broken) also learned who not to loan anything to. One guy I loaned something to that there was no way he could break it, (a pasture roller) he managed to tear the bearings out of it.
Heard said some can break a steel ball with a rubber hammer.

HDRider":37excqsq said:
dun":37excqsq said:
Heard said some can break a steel ball with a rubber hammer.
Like CBs favorite, "break an anvil"

figured id post some pics incase some have never saw a manual transmission out of a truck with just the clutch assembley and one with just the fly wheel.

Latest posts