Everyone okay?

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad your all still doing good and not froze to death. I watched the news this morning and they talking about the rolling blackouts in TX. I curse the snow and fridget winds we've been having, but pretty usual here. Nothing like the neg. temps, ice storms, and power losses many are facing. Keep the wood stoves cranking and be safe.

-4 here Tuesday morning. Wednesday there was allot of snow but temps got up in the high teens so it was manageable. I had to work 12 hr shifts during all of this mess but the wife and SIL did an excellent job of keeping things going. They know very little about feeding but managed to get it done and even saved a few newborns from freezing. We had a tractor get stuck breaking ice, kubota sxs diesel gelled, one of the feed trucks got hot and shut down (hoping motor didn't freeze and bust), skid steer tracks froze from the mud in them, all the waters froze, and had the rolling blackouts to deal with. I got caught unprepared this time hopefully I've learned a lesson and will do better next time. Luckily the overheads have plenty of feed. Guys are saying 5-10 days out on feed deliveries. Fuel tankers are 5-10 days out also.

Warmed up to 26 today and supposed to be above freezing tomorrow after a low of 9. my phone fell out my insulated bibbs while feeding/breaking ice. I didn't realize it until we were done and it was almost dark. Traced our steps and finally found it semi frozen by a water trough face down in the gravel. Yes, it had been stepped on but it still works. This will be the second screen I've bought in 10 days. but we're doing great if that's the worse thing that happens.

Warmed up to 26 today and supposed to be above freezing tomorrow after a low of 9. my phone fell out my insulated bibbs while feeding/breaking ice. I didn't realize it until we were done and it was almost dark. Traced our steps and finally found it semi frozen by a water trough face down in the gravel. Yes, it had been stepped on but it still works. This will be the second screen I've bought in 10 days. but we're doing great if that's the worse thing that happens.
Haha sounds like my luck with phones. I think the cell phone store knows my truck by site now. Dang phones, hate them, but would be lost without one. Makes me wonder how we managed all those years before we had them..Lol

It is really not supposed to be this cold and not for this long in SE Louisiana. The government should do something about this. We all know the politicians waste enough hot air that could be used to warm things up.
We are doing fine-considering. Some have lost electricity but we have been very fortunate.
Think Spring!!

It was a pond. The wife had a mishap and drove it in there trying to break ice. She's pretty inexperienced but was trying to help while I was working. She had busted ice in 4 other pastures and this was last one for the day. Luckily my neighbor was home to pull her out. I work 12 hr shifts and it's been at least an hour drive each way to work. She's really helped me out but has had some trouble. It was stuck pretty good and then started sinking. I'd guess she was stuck in there for 45 minutes.
This is the pic she sent me at work9B7C491D-31B1-41B7-8EED-DFB6F6D89E2F.jpeg

Good to know she was rescued.

Just checking with all of you to make sure you're okay. This storm going across the country is messing with many folks.

So, stay safe, and stay warm.
Sitting outside of Houston watching the usual idiots in action. Hurricane coming, do they put up provisions and water nope. Cold storm of the century coming, do they prepare nope. Idiots, I'll keep my powder dry and feed the generators

I see on the news this evening that some folks are getting inflated power bills due the storm, even some without power and water. How can that be??

I see on the news this evening that some folks are getting inflated power bills due the storm, even some without power and water. How can that be??
During the bad weather Power Plants were tripping off line which caused a spike in megawatt prices. Allot of people don't have fixed pricing and buy in at market rate. Normally this is fine because MW prices are around $20 or less, during all of this prices got as high as $9,000. This is what caused the higher bills.

Ouch, will those that receive the higher Bill's really be in the hook for it? That's seems really excessive.

20210216_153915.jpg
Sky Jordan (Gucci mother) had a calf. She is doing great. Gucci was born Feb 25 2020. New one was born February 15 2021. How about that. A bit of a surprise. We knew she was pregnant didn't expect so soon. ❤💯 Hope all is well.

We were without power for about 4.5 days. Some here will probably be without power for a little while longer. We have had co-ops from all over the state sent here to help and since we have so many steep hills and woods they cant get normal equipment in so they are brining in tracked machines.

41BE941D-1E4C-4D78-ADAF-41AAB6F17F6E.jpeg76B3E146-0009-4620-9B7E-8598D7D34FE9.jpegF1C4207A-845A-4BC3-8FD5-2B90D32DEDF6.jpeg

Latest posts