Hello everyone

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I don't have much heart for internetting these days. We just passed the 9 month anniversary (what a term) of our son's death. It seems like it was yesterday. Time moves very oddly now. I have been so lucky to have a good hubby or I don't know how I would survive this. It is very odd how hard a parent's mind fights against losing a child. Sometimes I realize that subconsciously I am thinking : "if I can just hold on til he comes back..."--like he's overseas or something. I met a woman whose son died the same day as ours (both were only children and just months part in age). She was despairing over how to grasp that her son is permanently gone. Then I realized that all I do is try to deal with the fact that he's gone today. If by chance he happens to still be gone tomorrow, I'll deal with that then. Crazy to the "outside" world, but this is normal for a grieving parent.

We have kept the cows---so far. Not looking forward to winter with them, but it was a good hay season at least.
Take care of yourselves and don't pizz off Macon. Hug your loved ones and make peace with folks when you can. I read a saying that's stuck with me: We're all just walking each other home.

So good to see a post from you. I often wonder how you are going when i log on to this forum after reading your story. Still struggle to find any words that could make it any easier for you.

Good to hear from you Boondocks. I hope you keep your cows but whatever fits. I don't really know but how you describe things is about what I would expect. I don't think there is really any getting over what you have experienced.

Ken

Glad you popped in to let us know how you have been Boondocks, you & your hubby have been in our thoughts.

The road of grief is a long and lonely one, stick in there C...

alisonb said:
Glad you popped in to let us know how you have been Boondocks, you & your hubby have been in our thoughts.

The road of grief is a long and lonely one
, stick in there C...

So very true....and the only thing that remotely eases the pain is time.
Glad to hear from you Boondocks. Stay strong and keep sticking your face into the wind each day as you trudge forward. You are forever changed, but I do know that time will ease the pain you feel; seems impossible for the first few years. Peace and respite to you on your journey.

I too, think of you and wonder how you are managing.... My brother lost his daughter several years ago, when she was just 17, and so I can relate to how hard it is for anyone to try "help you". My thoughts and prayers are with you also.

Latest posts