Everybody Question....

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1468lxbj said:
I'm still trying to figure out where it came from. Had an uncle that I never really knew that dairied in WI. Parents when I was a kid did the Robinsons "Have more plan" deal, goats, pigs, chickens, rabbgits, turkeys, etc. No cattle.
When I was little I told everyone I wanted to be a farmer and they thought I was nuts. They still think I am.
Daughter has no interest in it, grandkids think it's neat to visit, but it's too "messy". So I guess it will end with us in a couple of years.

dun

Couple of years? Dang Dun, don't act like your that close to hanging them up!

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":qzhkmxd4 said:
Couple of years? Dang Dun, don't act like your that close to hanging them up!
Craig-TX

Never can tell. If I'ld have known I was going to live this long I would have taken a lot better care of my body. Every year (month) I discover that I can't do as much as I could just last year (month). Wish I was a young punk 50 some year old so I could get more done.

dun

First generation (and last) here also. Never had any farmers / ranchers in the family, and mine thought I was nuts as well!

Hey Kjerckie,
I'm in the same boat. Came from the heart of Silicon Valley, married a 5th generation farmer, headed east and never looked back. My mom, Lord love her, still can't figure out why I prefer farm life to Junior League meetings and "doing lunch." Bless you all!

Latest posts