Transportation question

Help Support CattleToday:

Sure, only a short 12-13 hours
We a little less than 600 miles from where I deliver the horses. Then 40 miles to the border crossing. Last time I went to The Border Legends concert it only took about 19 hours. But we weren't hauling horses and bulls then. I try to stop about every 4 hours hauling horses. They will sh*t in a trailer, but won't pee while its moving. Wont pee if there arent plenty of shavings either, because it splashes on them. 900 miles in about 13 hours so far.

Just dropped the horses off, and will be at the port of entry in 45 minutes. It is cold as ^%$# here! 35 degrees! This is probably my last check in. #1 grandson here didn't bring his charger, and his phone is at 7%. My flip phone is at 72% and I DO have my charger, so at least I can call. I won't do this again..I wish I had bought the cows out right for $25k, and paid the $6k to have them shipped! I would have had $31k, $310 per cow, in them. I would have sold George the 10 bulls for $20k and let him pay the $6k to have THEM shipped. We both might have gotten the shipping cost down with the transporter having a load both ways. I gave $13k for these 10 bulls I am trading for the cows. , which means I will have had $12k in the cows. Looks like it is gonna cost me about $5k in expense for us hauling these 3 trucks and trailers down here, so $17k with shipping. Got paid $3k to deliver these horses, so I will end up with $14k in them, $140 per cow. George said there were 17 solid blacks in the herd, and I have them sold for $800 each bred to our black bulls. That is $13,600 , so I will end up with $400 in 83 cows., $5 per cow. Had I out right bought them and gotten them shipped I would have $31k in them. Minus the $13,600 for the black ones, I would have had $17400 in 83 cows. $209 per cow. I would have made $7k on selling George those 10 bulls for $20k, and let him ship them. So I would have had $10,400 in 83 cows... $126 per cow. Right now, I would gladly pay that extra $121 per cow! Not to mention saving my happy ass 3 days of no sleep! And when we get back about this time tomorrow, we will spend all the rest of the day sorting them! But if I live and make it home, I will have saved $10k doing this crazy sh%t!! I have 2 bands going to Border Legends this fall, but I think I will sit it out! Or fly to it! :) I guess I can look at it like I have $10k to buy plane ticket with! Logging off to save battery so I can try to get some pics.

Just dropped the horses off, and will be at the port of entry in 45 minutes. It is cold as ^%$# here! 35 degrees! This is probably my last check in. #1 grandson here didn't bring his charger, and his phone is at 7%. My flip phone is at 72% and I DO have my charger, so at least I can call. I won't do this again..I wish I had bought the cows out right for $25k, and paid the $6k to have them shipped! I would have had $31k, $310 per cow, in them. I would have sold George the 10 bulls for $20k and let him pay the $6k to have THEM shipped. We both might have gotten the shipping cost down with the transporter having a load both ways. I gave $13k for these 10 bulls I am trading for the cows. , which means I will have had $12k in the cows. Looks like it is gonna cost me about $5k in expense for us hauling these 3 trucks and trailers down here, so $17k with shipping. Got paid $3k to deliver these horses, so I will end up with $14k in them, $140 per cow. George said there were 17 solid blacks in the herd, and I have them sold for $800 each bred to our black bulls. That is $13,600 , so I will end up with $400 in 83 cows., $5 per cow. Had I out right bought them and gotten them shipped I would have $31k in them. Minus the $13,600 for the black ones, I would have had $17400 in 83 cows. $209 per cow. I would have made $7k on selling George those 10 bulls for $20k, and let him ship them. So I would have had $10,400 in 83 cows... $126 per cow. Right now, I would gladly pay that extra $121 per cow! Not to mention saving my happy ass 3 days of no sleep! And when we get back about this time tomorrow, we will spend all the rest of the day sorting them! But if I live and make it home, I will have saved $10k doing this crazy sh%t!! I have 2 bands going to Border Legends this fall, but I think I will sit it out! Or fly to it! :) I guess I can look at it like I have $10k to buy plane ticket with! Logging off to save battery so I can try to get some pics.
Well, ya got a free excuse to hang around the second most beautiful state in the country.

If you use some facebook groups, it is possible to get a tractor trailer load for less than $5/mile. Most quotes were $6/mile for a 1000 mile haul.

Latest posts