Ever heard of a meter fee ?

Help Support CattleToday:

It's not so much the meter fee as much I felt I'm being cheated.
For 30.00 I want a shot of tequila taken off a strippers ass

Cross-7":2570cyn9 said:
It's not so much the meter fee as much I felt I'm being cheated.
For 30.00 I want a shot of tequila taken off a strippers be nice
Well I'm just going to guess you aren't her last meter to read for the day. You can remedy that.

They are smart meters so they don't even have to leave the office to read them

Cross-7":31494wnm said:
They are smart meters so they don't even have to leave the office to read them

That's all true, however the meters have to be purchased, software needed to read/record data, individuals to keeps hardware functioning and process the data to get to your mail box.

Jogeephus":3dbtk64y said:
If you are using so little power why not put in some solar panels?

I started with a generator when it was a 100 plus everyday.
That was a huge pain hauling fuel, changing oil, the noise and etc
The cost to set up a permanent housed generator was cost prohibitive.
Plus it wasn't cheap to run either.
A small 1000-1500 watt solar panel setup is still expensive when you total up panels, batteries, inverter plus add in battery life, hail storms, high winds could be very costly to maintain.
I not sure that'd be big enough to either
I haven't used much electricity but it hasn't been as hot and not running my AC like I will during the heat of summer.
I plan on using electric heat this winter if I can get by.
If I went with solar I'd have to use propane for heat.
Last house I had (2012) that used propane for heat and cooking was very expensive. Seems like it was over 3.00 a gallon.
I guess wood would be an option, but I'm out in the middle of a cow pasture and 90% of my neighbors are all grass to so I'm a little concerned about a spark burning the whole country down:

So spending 4.00 a foot to bring in power was expensive but made more sense
Plus if I ever do decide to move here permanently and build a house then I'd have to have electricity.

It just seems excessive for a 30.00 meter fee when they wouldnt help or cost share any of the cost to bring in the lines.
Others places I had was 15.00- 20.00 minimum fee or you paid per kWh but never a meter fee that I noticed

Cross-7":20pzpje0 said:
Jogeephus":20pzpje0 said:

A small 1000-1500 watt solar panel setup is still expensive when you total up panels, batteries, inverter plus add in battery life, hail storms, high winds could be very costly to maintain.
I haven't used much electricity but it hasn't been as hot and not running my AC like I will during the heat of summer.
Last house I had (2012) that used propane for heat and cooking was very expensive. Seems like it was over 3.00 a gallon.
I guess wood would be an option, but I'm out in the middle of a cow pasture and 90% of my neighbors are all grass to so I'm a little concerned about a spark burning the whole country down:

Plus if I ever do decide to move here permanently and build a house then I'd have to have electricity.

It just seems excessive for a 30.00 meter fee when they wouldnt help or cost share any of the cost to bring in the lines.
Others places I had was 15.00- 20.00 minimum fee or you paid per kWh but never a meter fee that I noticed
Doesn't really matter what they call it....they are going to get that $30 one way or the other so might as well as accept it.

TexasBred":3gof4gvs said:
Cross-7":3gof4gvs said:
Jogeephus":3gof4gvs said:

Doesn't really matter what they call it....they are going to get that $30 one way or the other so might as well as accept it.

No doubt and a heck of a lot cheaper than running a generator

Flat fee for me is $12/month if I use electricity or not. Co op did not charge for the installation or setting the pole. Buddy of mine had a piece of property up around Uvalde and co op there wanted $10,000 to set one pole and install meter loop. We opted for a 30Kw diesel generator instead.

Just curious but how much were you spending on the Gen in fuel and what size it was? I had a guy working with me that fooled around with solar just as a hobby. He had about 400 bucks in a system that would run a window unit for one hour and then take about three days to recharge. Not very practical.

Cross-7":qquz19wy said:

You see all that pita stuff you listed that you had to do even before getting the first electron flowing? Now, the utility company is doing it for you and is only charging you $30/mo.

What it cost to produce your own electricity vs what they charge isn't bad.
If it wasn't for air conditioning it'd be easy to go solar.
I'm cooling 570 sq ft with a 6000 btu window unit( pretty proud of that ) pulling about 6 amps, but I'm really well insulated and I'm
working to get better insulated from the heat . (Fresh air is a problem though)
Next year I'm going with one with a higher seer rating.
If I do build a house I'm thinking a mini split unit.
Solar is doable but the battery/storage is still a big problem

Latest posts