Oregon's new Environment Compliance Fee

Help Support CattleToday:

I never heard about it. Diesel sure jumped here but it also jumped about the same amount over in Idaho. Here on August 31 diesel was $4.77. On September 5 it was $5.14.

I haven't had a chance to check and see if prices took that increase at the gas stations. But it definitely did
at the self service station that ranchers, loggeres etc. use here.

This is how the invoice looked. It added a $1.10 per gallon to the cost of the fuel.
Am hoping it is just this one company. They told me in the past they have absorbed these cost,
but recently decided to pass them on their customers.

image0 (14).jpeg

I got my farm tank filled up last week, $3.49, it was $2.95 @ the June fill up . And I thought I had it bad here in East TN.

I paid $5.59 for diesel at the cheapest place here.
Well that is Washington. I went up there to see the kids in late June. I got diesel in Idaho the week before I left for about $3.55. Diesel in Baker for $3.79 on my way out of town. Topped off at Hermiston for less than $4.00. Got to Washington and it was $5.09. I just bought enough to get out of the state.

This Company has 3 Branch Offices on the south coast of Oregon, 7 along the I-5 corridor in Oregon
and one in Kelso, Washington.

The fuel guy just stopped yesterday and filled the gas tank. It cost $4.30 a gallon. That is the same as it is at their gas station in town. He didn't fill the diesel tank as it was still about half full. He said after they winterize the diesel in about a month he will come back and fill it.

I'm in Oregon in Salem and I'm paying the same type of convenience fee as well. I haven't filled the tank recently but the last time I did it was only an additional .55 per gallon. Though the company has changed ownership recently so they may have raised the cost since then.

Latest posts