Estimate weight of Jersey calf

Help Support CattleToday:

I wonder if this is true for women/girls :) There would sure be a lot of poor milkers.
Go to any Walmart and you'll see a plethora of woman that are easily over a deuce and freakishly "endowed", carting around a skinny baby. Your theory makes sense.

She was weaned at 12 weeks, fed 2% of her weight in stocker grower and hay. Now at 5 months she weighs 390 by the tape. She was getting pushy and shovey when I poured the feed so now she has to pay attention and touch my hand with her nose. Then she gets the feed. She comes to the house and looks in the windows. Sometimes she goes out with the other cows but always comes home at feeding time.

These pretty snows only last about a day. That was 3" of snow the other a week ago was 4".

Honeydew is a future house cow. Daphne is also a house cow. Jerseys were bred to be house cows for 100s of years on the Isle of Jersey. They supply milk for the house and also like to hang around the house. In our experience they are not like other breeds. Here is where they spent last night.

100_2216 (3).JPG

thumbnail_daphne flymask.jpg
100_2129 (2).JPG

Dadgummed it snowed here again today for the 5th time. The mountains and woods look like a Christmas card but it didn't stick on the ground down here.

These pretty snows only last about a day. That was 3" of snow the other a week ago was 4".

Honeydew is a future house cow. Daphne is also a house cow. Jerseys were bred to be house cows for 100s of years on the Isle of Jersey. They supply milk for the house and also like to hang around the house. In our experience they are not like other breeds. Here is where they spent last night.

View attachment 27101

View attachment 27104
View attachment 27110
In the 2nd pic, what do you have on her face? And why?

On her face is a calf halter. They are taught to lead and tie at an early age like foals.

Oh, you mean the mature cow. That is a horse fly mask so she wouldnt get pink eye. Girly horse sites sell such things. Hearts, kisses and diamonds all over it.

Picture was Daphne looking in the window in Texas years ago so yes there were flies. Hardly any flies in Oregon but the horse wears a mask in the summer. Just a plain grey one, no hearts, kisses or
diamonds.

Latest posts