26 cent Jersey

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
Look at those eyes!!
20211210_163234.jpg
Opal is all up in her bubble!
20211210_160956.jpg
Ol Big Sexy wants to be all up in her bubble!
Hot wire is good thing.... they both know what it is!
20211210_163713.jpg
Sad story here. The gal that sold her has cancer. I was told she lived in their back yard and raised calves. I can believe it. She's so gentle and wants to be in your pocket. Not halter broke. Follows you anywhere tho. Especially if u have cookies!!
Open 3 year old. Shes already been dried off. She will be spoiled rotten here, I promise that!

Originally was go with Penny.
But I settled on Mabel.
Gotta get her back in shape and bred!

Sad for her former owner. Get a halter on her and she will quickly learn to lead if you use cookies for a bribe. Get a little weight on her, worm her in a couple weeks, and then get her bred and you can have 2 calving at different times so you have options with all the "rescue calves" you bring home. I would have bought her too at that price, turned her out with our first calf heifers and bull, and where I keep my nurse cows.....you won't get hurt on her either.

Murray's Farm & Dairy, LLC?😂😂
🐂🌾🤠🌾🐂
I sure am enjoying myself.... 🤣

So I really have 3 now. Tho I don't know if Opal will ever settle down enough to be a good nurse cow. She's a long term project.

Mabel has raised several calves for the prior owners. It'll be this time next year b4 we get to see how well she does. But I'm expecting her to raise at least 3.

I've got some time to pick a bull while she gets back in shape. Some folks would use her as is. I want her fat n sassy!

I sure am enjoying myself.... 🤣

So I really have 3 now. Tho I don't know if Opal will ever settle down enough to be a good nurse cow. She's a long term project.

Mabel has raised several calves for the prior owners. It'll be this time next year b4 we get to see how well she does. But I'm expecting her to raise at least 3.

I've got some time to pick a bull while she gets back in shape. Some folks would use her as is. I want her fat n sassy!
Might need a better name: Mutts Farm n Dairy? Or Mutts of Murray Farm and Ranch LLC?😂😂 though if u use that name and make it big, i expect a cut.😜🤣🤣 braums does need a rival however. Their quality has gone down the crapper: burgers have so much salt in em it rivals mcdonalds & i only eat there anymore if i decide i need a c*l*n cleanse.😂
I bet Opal will be fine with time! I do like the names u pick out! Simple yet unique. I told my sister shes no longer allowed to name cows: Mama cow, Baby cow, Fluffy, Kisses, etc. Boooring and too basic.😂😂 yet names ive picked out: Ginger, Valentina, Mamooshka, etc.😎🤣
Nice extra calves u got wondering around too. Have you "laughed at any offers" yet?😉😜

Might need a better name: Mutts Farm n Dairy? Or Mutts of Murray Farm and Ranch LLC?😂😂 though if u use that name and make it big, i expect a cut.😜🤣🤣 braums does need a rival however. Their quality has gone down the crapper: burgers have so much salt in em it rivals mcdonalds & i only eat there anymore if i decide i need a c*l*n cleanse.😂
I bet Opal will be fine with time! I do like the names u pick out! Simple yet unique. I told my sister shes no longer allowed to name cows: Mama cow, Baby cow, Fluffy, Kisses, etc. Boooring and too basic.😂😂 yet names ive picked out: Ginger, Valentina, Mamooshka, etc.😎🤣
Nice extra calves u got wondering around too. Have you "laughed at any offers" yet?😉😜
Bah hah ahahahaha. Someone has been on CL.....
Love the Mutts Of Murray!

And don't even get me started on braums!
Form 1/3 to 1/4 lb same price!
And u can't buy a hamburger! Only cheeseburgers. They will hold the cheese, but by gawd, ur still gonna pay for it! Sheesh.
They went all walmart style. Hate that.

Last edited:
Bah hah ahahahaha. Someone has been on CL.....
Love the Mutts Of Murray!

And don't even get me started on braums!
Form 1/3 to 1/4 lb same price!
And u can't buy a hamburger! Only cheeseburgers. They will hold the cheese, but by gawd, ur still gonna pay for it! Sheesh.
They went all walmart style. Hate that.
Has their ice cream went downhill too?

Never had a Braums burger, when we're in Kansas at the wife's sisters I make it a priority to go to Spangle's. Love the little donuts and the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches there.

Never had a Braums burger, when we're in Kansas at the wife's sisters I make it a priority to go to Spangle's. Love the little donuts and the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches there.
For me, its hit n miss with their ice cream. Though, fast food joints speaking, ice cream is still good.

Yeah. Thats milk on his face. Hanging his head.. He should be ashamed!!! Lil blondie here is on thin ice. He's supposed to have been weaned 45 or 90 days I can't remember.
Gonna have to keep a keen eye on that. May have to do some rearranging.
View attachment 11135
That little turd. Beat him upside his head.😂

And CL is where i found my brahma pair for $900. The occasional good deal.

I don't eat much ice cream. But they still have pretty good ice cream I reckon.

Gosh, I havnt been to spangles in forEVER!!

@branxchar&charx I was able to run him off this evening. Had the dogs ball throwing stick and he got a good whack on the arse!
Still in decision making mode here. I need another pen!

She needs to be with Bessie, no calves, and so she can go dry and stay dry and start to gain some weight. I have found that calves that I graft onto nurse cows, tend to be more likely to steal off anyone that will stand, and will go back on a cow. I have a young cow that has gone back to sucking, with her own first calf on her and weighing 400 lbs now. I may very well be selling her if I can't get her to quit with moving her to another place with cattle she has never been with before once I pull the calf and dry her off.

She needs to be with Bessie, no calves, and so she can go dry and stay dry and start to gain some weight. I have found that calves that I graft onto nurse cows, tend to be more likely to steal off anyone that will stand, and will go back on a cow. I have a young cow that has gone back to sucking, with her own first calf on her and weighing 400 lbs now. I may very well be selling her if I can't get her to quit with moving her to another place with cattle she has never been with before once I pull the calf and dry her off.
Yeah....
All these calves came from elsewhere. They are just sort offs I bought cheap to feed a bit and re-sell; except Opal. I've been sure to buy "weaned" calves. But one man's weaned is another's headache I guess. It's a bit frustrating. I'd like to put her out with the herd but then feeding her becomes an issue, because everyone will want fed and that turns into a daily stampede! 😆 And... not sure I want her with my bull yet. I guess if she breeds that'd be OK tho. There's not enough room in pen for her and Lillibet w calf.... hmmmmm

Edited...
My hereford is about 1700lbs. Shes 720lbs.
I sure miss Richard!

I think that you need to expand pen and put her with Lillibet and calf.... then you can feed as necessary... and if the calf stole off her then both might gain some weight and since neither is bred it won't hurt either/both to be nursed.....

Having a hard time getting condition back on this one. In almost sure the steer has quit nursing her. Theres no milk. The shorthorn is coming along OK with the same program.
@farmerjan I'm gonna do some rearranging soon..
Gotta get Bessie and hers bonded well, then I'm gonna pen Mabel and Opal for a bit and see if that helps. I want them both in good shape by June for the bull....
I understand she's all jersey, but she should be in better shape!
20220227_093645.jpg20220227_092103.jpg20220227_092050.jpg

Latest posts