Ellie May

Help Support CattleToday:

Ellie this isn't a site for nonsense facts and parading around rooting through almost every topic and making it into a waste of time to read... I'm used to people like you, but you'd think you'd run out of this crap sometime.

Anonymous":3dze4x2a said:
Ellie May":3dze4x2a said:
Yeah I concure. Sorry if I'm a loud mouth, I don't talk that much around my family or at school. That's probably why I talk so much in here!
Ellie May

Ellie,

You don't have to reply to EVERY post on EVERY board. Especially if they're not directed to you. If you don't know anything about the subject, leave it alone.

Ellie,

Did you read this? Good advice. You keep saying you'll shut up but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Ellie May i am sure you know the difference between a steer and a bull
in some respects i think we see the same difference in people that write a nasty note and dont leave their name. This is a free board and you have as much right to post here as anyone else. DONT STOP please .. i know you care and thats what counts i would rather see your post (even when i dont understand them) then post from some that have their head so far up where the sun dont shine they will never see daylight. i started cowboying in the mid 50's on cattles ranch in New Mexico and i am still learning.

Ellie May, you posted that cows can see colour, now, bulls are colour blind. I have heard that in humans certain colour blindness is more common in males. But all bulls are colour blind? Are these facts from the same study, or two different sources? I really want to know! Thanks!

Jake":iwg2r4hg said:
Ellie this isn't a site for nonsense facts and parading around rooting through almost every topic and making it into a waste of time to read... I'm used to people like you, but you'd think you'd run out of this crap sometime.

Ellie,

this is also good advice. this board used to be fun to read but lately it's gotten to be kind of a drag trying to pick through all the useless info & trying to pick out the posts that are worth reading. some of us don't have tons of excess time to sit around reading posts here. when i get computer time i usually have other things i need to do as well. please start taking time to read & THINK before you speak. not all posts need a response & you don't always have to have the last word.

Everyone else,

most of us have been around kids & animals. by responding to all of ellie's rambling, argumentative posts, we are encouraging the negative behavior. if we just ignore these & only respond to the useful, thought-out ones, maybe some of it will stop.

Not to flog a dead horse, but one more disadvantage of the new format

dun

txag":tz6pipjt said:
Jake":tz6pipjt said:

Ellie,

this is also good advice. this board used to be fun to read but lately it's gotten to be kind of a drag trying to pick through all the useless info & trying to pick out the posts that are worth reading. some of us don't have tons of excess time to sit around reading posts here. when i get computer time i usually have other things i need to do as well. please start taking time to read & THINK before you speak. not all posts need a response & you don't always have to have the last word.

Everyone else,

most of us have been around kids & animals. by responding to all of ellie's rambling, argumentative posts, we are encouraging the negative behavior. if we just ignore these & only respond to the useful, thought-out ones, maybe some of it will stop.

The facts about cattle can see color & not. They were from 2 differnet resources. They contridict each other. I always thought that cattle could see in color. I dunno!
Ellie May

Not sure at all about this, but I would assume that cattle & deer would have eyesight about the same, both being "prey animals" and both being ruminants.
There have been a lot of studies done on the eyesight of deer.
Deer are farsighted and can zero in on movement instantly. They see best at dawn and dusk and their vision is the worst in darkness and bright sunlight.
Deer are considered "colorblind" but that does NOT mean that they don't see colors! They see a lot of colors just fine, but they do not have the proper receptors in their eyes to see red and orange. They can see green, blue, brown, yellow, they can even see into the ultraviolet spectrum, but they can't see red and orange. Which is why hunters can wear "hunter orange" and not be seen by the deer. But if that same hunter washes his clothing in detergent with "UV brighteners" the deer can see the ultraviolet glow, and he sticks out like a sore thumb.

So if cattle see like deer, able to see color, just not all colors -- then BOTH resources are right.

Ann B

Ellie May":2mk25umj said:
The facts about cattle can see color & not. They were from 2 differnet resources. They contridict each other. I always thought that cattle could see in color. I dunno!
Ellie May

I am all for freedom of speach but if I wanted to learn about zebras, hippos, attack gerbils and all of that other junk that has been posted I would go to animal planet or the zoo. We are here to talk cattle.

D.R. Cattle":1rtwffag said:
Is it just me, or is Ellie taking a break from the boards?

I was fixin to ask the same question. That is why I checked the site.
I am starting to miss her, It has been almost 2 days.

I noticed on one post where one guy stated he knew her dad - maybe he had a chat with her dad!

dun":2g06zppw said:
A girl friend and a pasture full of pretty heifers is a better deal. As long as the girl friend can drive a tractor and put up fence.

dun

Jake":2g06zppw said:
Think I might have to go up to Omaha and find me a city girl to bring back. They seem to be easier to get along with... lol

Dun,
I love my girls (cows) too, and if I didn't need a man (bull) on the place there wouldn't be a one! Thank goodness for AI, now if I could just find a woman AI tech!

Check with your local semen demon. You may be surprised at the number of female AI techs floating around. I've known very good technicians from coast to coast. Or better yet, go to school and learn for yourself. I know that in some areas there are real prejudices against woman AIing. Never have understood that but I guess some men are threatened by it, or maybe they're just stupid

dun.

Dee":1ek45b9d said:
dun":1ek45b9d said:
A girl friend and a pasture full of pretty heifers is a better deal. As long as the girl friend can drive a tractor and put up fence.

dun

Jake":1ek45b9d said:
Think I might have to go up to Omaha and find me a city girl to bring back. They seem to be easier to get along with... lol

Dun,
I love my girls (cows) too, and if I didn't need a man (bull) on the place there wouldn't be a one! Thank goodness for AI, now if I could just find a woman AI tech!

dun":3h32c36b said:
Check with your local semen demon. You may be surprised at the number of female AI techs floating around. I've known very good technicians from coast to coast. Or better yet, go to school and learn for yourself. I know that in some areas there are real prejudices against woman AIing. Never have understood that but I guess some men are threatened by it, or maybe they're just stupid

women often make better techs than men.......smaller hands, more feeling in fingers.

IM BACK!!!

Hey I wasn't gonna come back on a count not to many people probably want me back. But I figured I'd see what was new. ;-)
Ellie May

What yah know it's Friday the 13th! :p

eric":2w1bbtzb said:
Yeah, sometimes I get a kick out of her posts, like when she set one of you guys straight about the differences between a buck/ram, ..buck / doe...lol....but then she spouts off something about how angus are no good and she is so darn stubborn, that I think she is a BlackPower starter kit in the making! But I do agree that as a parent, I would much rather see her in here then on some heavy metal headbanging forum that worships the devil! She's not hurting anything in here, so I vote to let her post!
Nah. She is starting to like ANGUS. She even admitted it in one of her
post'. She actually called them good; Ithink she did anyhow? May I amdreaming or just wishful thinking. She is still young, in a few years she won't know any thing either. Hope she doesn't turn out like the oregonian and know everything all her life.

Latest posts