Ellie May

Help Support CattleToday:

Ellie May":2duxn16h said:
No that's just it he didn't want the critters in the first place they were my choice. If he hadn't had me he said he would of just stuck to Hereford cattle that's it. NO horses, ponies, llamas, goats, sheep, chickens, peacocks, ducks, geeses, not even a black angus bull to try out for black baldie calves. Maybe I was a mistake, I dunno!
Ellie May

You said it

Ellie May-
just keep posting - we realize you are enthusiastic and youthful. We realize you know more than most of us and we also know that with age will come wisdom. If we don't like what you say we can always skip over your posting. Don't let the few ruin your enthusiasm and dreams, but my father taught me (or finally got it to sink in) when I was a teenager, that one gains more education from listening. It took me many years to realize he was correct. And with that education and experience will come wisdom.

jw":hxkzi0r7 said:
Ellie May-
just keep posting - we realize you are enthusiastic and youthful. We realize you know more than most of us and we also know that with age will come wisdom. If we don't like what you say we can always skip over your posting. Don't let the few ruin your enthusiasm and dreams, but my father taught me (or finally got it to sink in) when I was a teenager, that one gains more education from listening. It took me many years to realize he was correct. And with that education and experience will come wisdom.

WELL STATED, JW

Skip

eric":3jdbc7hf said:
Gained more knowledge from listening than speaking.

I always heard that's why we have 2 ears and only one mouth!

'tis better to remain quiet and have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove them right.

No yesterday-Thursday we were out for ice & rain. Here in Tennessee & today I had a dental appointment & most the day was over so my mom said I could stay home. I haven't missed that much school so she let me.
Ellie May

Ya'll--I sure get a kick out of some of these posts. Sometimes I laugh so hard it gets the tears rolling. I'm sure we've ALL rolled our eyes a time or two at somebody's post at one time or another....I don't like other boards 'cause it's seems like it's a bunch of women chit-chatting during their soap-opera commercal breaks--BARF! Here on this board I've learned ALOT & for the most part its friendly, and it's deversified. To each their own opinion; that's what makes us 'different'. Have a good day all!

Ellie May":3bjbu1uv said:
Yeah I concure. Sorry if I'm a loud mouth, I don't talk that much around my family or at school. That's probably why I talk so much in here!
Ellie May

Ellie,

You don't have to reply to EVERY post on EVERY board. Especially if they're not directed to you. If you don't know anything about the subject, leave it alone.

Did you know......... some interesting facts

A zebra is white with black stripes. ;-)

All the planets in our solar system rotate anticlockwise, except Venus. It is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

Hummingbirds are the only animal that can also fly backwards. 8)

Insects do not make noises with their voices. The noise of bees, mosquitoes and other buzzing insects is caused by rapidly moving their wings. :p

The cockroach is the fastest animal on 6 legs covering a meter a second. :?

The word "listen" contains the same letters as the word "silent". :lol:

The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning it's head are the rabbit and the parrot.

The whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.

A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.

India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.

'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' is the fear of long words. 8)

Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school.

Phobatrivaphobia is a fear of trivia about phobias !!

It is impossible to lick your elbow. ( We know your gonna try this !!! ) :lol:

A snail can sleep for 3 years. ( wow, lucky chap eh ? )

The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start

In 1883 the explosion of the volcano Krakatoa put so much dust into the earth's atmosphere that sunsets appeared green and the moon appeared blue around the world for almost two years.

"Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.

Twenty-Four-Karat Gold is not pure gold since there is a small amount of copper in it. Absolutely pure gold is so soft that it can be molded with the hands.

Electricity doesn't move through a wire but through a field around the wire.

Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Say no evil ).

55 per cent of people yawn within 5 minutes of seeing someone else yawn. Reading about yawning makes most people yawn. hello, zzzzz zzzz ?

Just thought I'd share some cool stuff I learned!
Ellie May

:cboy:

Yeah is somemore facts I learned since you say I should shut up, I figure I'm kinda being useful.

Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

Bulls are color blind.

A cow's only sweat glands are in its nose.

Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.

The Poison Arrow frog has enough poison to kill 2,200 people.

Emus can't walk backwards.

A group of unicorns is called a blessing.

A group of kangaroos is called a mob.

A group of owls is called a parliament.

A group of ravens is called a murder.

A group of bears is called a sleuth.

Twelve or more cows is called a flink. I swore it was a herd-who new!

A baby oyster is called a spat.

Chickens can't swallow while they are upside down.

The average garden-variety caterpillar has 248 muscles in its head.

A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.

A mule won't sink in quicksand but a donkey will.

More people are killed annually by donkeys than in airplane crashes. OK don't know about this one!!

Animal breeders in Russia once claimed to have bred sheep with blue wool.

Penguins are the only bird that can leap into the air like porpoises.

India has 50 million monkeys.

By some unknown means, an iguana can end its own life.

Americans spend around $3 billion for cat and dog food a year.

Pigs can cover a mile in 7.5 minutes when running at top speed.

A squid has 10 tentacles.

A snail's reproductive organs are in its head.

When a horned toad is angry, it squirts blood from its eyes.

The typical hen lays 19 dozen eggs a year.

The ostrich has a 46-foot long small intestine.

A scallop has 35 blue eyes.

The left leg of a chicken in more tender than the right one.

The only dog that doesn't have a pink tongue is the chow.

Dogs and humans are the only animals with prostates.

The giraffe has the highest blood pressure of any animal.

Zebras can't see the color orange. I gues thats why lion are an orangeish color??

There are more insects in ten square feet of a rain forest than there are people in Manhattan.

It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.

The smartest dogs are the Jack Russell Terrier and Scottish Border collie. Dumbest: Afgan hound & Grey Hound

A rat can go without water longer than a camel can.

The fat molecules in goat milk are 5 times smaller than those found in cow milk.
It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to breakdown as opposed to the hour that it takes to break down cow milk.

Interesting eh?

Ellie May

Ellie I have children about your age. They learned respect and what "Shut Up" meant at least 10 years sooner than you. Then again, if they were in this discussion they would be talking about CATTLE, not Zebra stripes and sprinting Hippos. Go outside and run a couple miles, then come back.

Latest posts