Elk hunt

Help Support CattleToday:

tamarack

Reaction score
Pic of elk i got this week first bull i have shot finally got draw and the elk cooperated didnt miss with the old 338 win mag.
elk2010018.jpg

Pretty cool, congratulations. I see you hang your elk the same way I hang whitetails! I'm planning to go elk hunting for the first time next fall, hope I'll have a picture to share also.

I've got no earthly use for a 338, but one has been on my "wish" list for a long time. What kind do you have?

I shoot a Ruger model 77 I used to be a Bear guide for my brother bought it after a few hair raisng times with the old 30-30 and it has never let me down most are one shot kills. Jo. I estamate the bull would weigh 7to 800lbs he wasnt the biggest i have seen but is in the top 5 around here.We had no elk here 10 years ago and now they are quite a nusance Bulls are by draw only but cows are easy to get the season goes from sept to jan. they sure tear up fence and make a mess of hay stacks .

That's a bunch of meat! I doubt you could drag one of those out of the woods without a tractor. I ate elk once and really liked it. Wasn't gamey tasting at all. About a year or so ago an escaped penned elk ran across the cotton field on my neighbors property. It was surreal. Sure made my finger itch. :lol2:

Jogeephus":25jlclxj said:
That's a bunch of meat! I doubt you could drag one of those out of the woods without a tractor. I ate elk once and really liked it. Wasn't gamey tasting at all. About a year or so ago an escaped penned elk ran across the cotton field on my neighbors property. It was surreal. Sure made my finger itch. :lol2:

I guess that could give new meaning to the old term SSS. In your case it might mean Shoot, Saute,Sop up(the gravy)

Latest posts